Killing each Taliban soldier costs $50 Million

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TorontoTrader2, Oct 10, 2010.

1. The war in Afghanistan should be stopped immediately. Even world war 2 did not last for 10 years. Now USA debts has reached $60 Trillion to $200 Trillion. USA is bankrupt.

#51     Oct 13, 2010
  2. I was about to post the same but was not sure of it. Thanks for the confirmation.

#52     Oct 13, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Gotta admit, the AK47 is a weapon that will get a person's attention. 7.62x.39 is a .30 caliber round that at close range inflicts major damage if hit in the torso.

The m4 (or newer version of the ol' M16) fires a 5.56 .22 caliber round that's extremely fast, and also extremely accurate compared to the AK.

I've been in combat in Iraq, and it was always nice being able to pick up an underfolder AK to carry along with my issued M4. The AK withstands sand, dirt, mud, etc., as M4 doesn't like that kind of environment at all. I'll note that on full auto, the AK is much harder to control than the M4. Even with a muzzle brake, the AK climbs up and to the right on full. It's better served to fire it in semi mode.

I can see why the towelheads use these vs. other weapons with tighter tolerances.

#53     Oct 13, 2010
  4. Mostly because they are reliable, cheap, and produced everywhere.

Personally, I believe the AK is the second most influential gun in the history of the world... behind the Maxim machine gun.

#54     Oct 13, 2010
  5. Rumor has it that Mikhail Kalashnikov was nominated for this year's Nobel peace prize but got narrowly beaten by Liu Xiaobo

#55     Oct 13, 2010
  6. Any response from the white house regarding the $50 million information?

#56     Oct 14, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I can speak from experience that the AK will "get your attention" when someone is shooting at you with one. Especially after you've seen what a round in the femur looks like.:( (not me. A Friend...)

I do agree, the AK is THE most notable military rifle ever produced.

Last, when I was carrying that underfolder, I was burning through on full auto a bunch of loaded 30round mags we found, and I realized something I really wouldn't like about the AK in combat: on the last round, the bolt doesn't lock open. It goes "CLICK" very loudly, and I bet there are hundreds of towelheads thinking, "I'm going to shoot this guy," then it goes CLICK.:D i.e., dead towelhead soon follows. Ooh rah!!

For some reason that sound is louder than an A-10 tankbuster flying over at 100 feet.:eek: :D

#57     Oct 14, 2010
  8. Washington (CNN) – American support for the war in Afghanistan has never been lower, according to the latest CNN polling. The low numbers just the latest figure in the complex math being calculated to determine how the US should proceed in the ten year war.

The latest poll from CNN and Opinion Research Corporation found only 37% of all Americans favor the war, 52% say the war in Afghanistan has turned into a Vietnam.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ers-say-about-progress-in-afghanistan/?hpt=T2

#58     Oct 16, 2010