Killer Trading Movie

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PokerFXTrader, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't think we use our brains to its full capacity. Obviously not even close. And it is not really the size of it (as my posted examples shown earlier) or the % that matter. You can use your brain up to 80% but still in a low mode. Another person might use his 30% efficient but in high mode...

Sort of like a muscle. Let's say an office worker sure doesn't use his muscles up to their fullest potential. Now let's make him a steelmill worker, and voila!, the same muscles are used as they were intended to be....

By the way with the brain it isn't the mass, but the surface area that counts. Smarter people's brain is more "wrinkled".

Here is a similar explanation:

http://scienceray.com/biology/human-biology/how-much-brain-do-we-use/

"First let us clarify, mechanically you use 100% of your brain. Maximizing usage is another subject. So when someone puts a percentage of use on the brain they do not mean that the other say 90% is dormant or useless.

Think of it this way. Let’s say your brain is a stereo. When you are using your stereo you are using 100% of it. Here is the x factor. If the volume knob is set at say a 2 level then you are not getting the same usage when compared to turning the volume knob to 8 or 10."

#61     Apr 5, 2011
  2. Great movie, saw it a while back.

Some of you guys would be pleased to hear that he used "price-patterns" to gauge market perception and turn $12,000 to $2,000,000 at a day-trading firm.

Of course, this is just a movie.

#62     Apr 5, 2011
  3. Living expenses?

#63     Apr 5, 2011
  4. jfranco

jfranco

#64     Apr 5, 2011
  5. This is where you hide and spend all day posting in the ET? Don't you have a life?

#65     Apr 5, 2011
  6. ammo

ammo

going on memory ,the autistic brain produces more ? dopamine,other chemical,and goes from extremes ,plenty to little,same with add,adhd,the normal brain or higher percentage of the population has a more even flow,,they are racking their braind trying research on this so take it with a grain of salt but there is a way to increase the chemicals produced in the brain to send more signals,thus increasing the brains problem solving skills, or number of transmissions per day or minute,this would change in a miniscule way the amount of the brains resources be used at any given time..the most obvious tool would be diet

#66     Apr 5, 2011
  7. It's not how much of your brain you use that matters.
    It's how much of your ability you use that matters.

Human talent is still the greatest wasted resource on earth.

#67     Apr 6, 2011
  8. olias

olias

I'm just trying to put to rest the oft-repeated statistic that we only use 10% of our brains. It's one of those things that I decided to look into a long time ago because, to me, it sounds ridiculous right off the bat. Sure enough, it's bullshit.

I had to ride in an elevator with a young dude who insisted his girlfriend is psychic. And he says to me 'you know we only use about 10% of our brains, so I think she's just able to tap into that other 90%...'

I could not have been more annoyed.

Same thing with the lemming suicidal nonsense. It sounded like bullshit right off the bat, so I decided to look it up.

#68     Apr 6, 2011