Killer price for monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Nov 5, 2006.

1. agree...

it's better to pay up for these type of "infrastructure upgrades"

here's a discussion of the difference between LCD technologies & the manufacturers who uses them in their products.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1039222

bookmark it!

#11     Nov 5, 2006
  2. gnome

gnome

1. MANY monitors lose Contrast or other adjustments when in DVI mode.

2. Often, when an "apparently equal" monitor costs $100 more, it's because it does not have a TN panel while the cheaper one does.

#12     Nov 5, 2006
  3. There is a glut of 19" and above LCD's going into the holidays this year....there should be a few months after the holidays to get some amazing deals when the lower than expected retail figures spook all these electronics retailers.

#13     Nov 5, 2006
  4. is the Laser thingie the next technology...do they know something we don't cause' 19" LCD's are so low in price I can't believe it....

#14     Nov 5, 2006
  5. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Ok I'll bite. What's the Laser thingie?

+-*/ Math_Wiz

#15     Nov 5, 2006
  6. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

What's a TN panel? Is that the same as a TFT panel?

Thanks,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

#16     Nov 5, 2006
  7. gnome

gnome

ALL LCD panels are "Active Matrix, TFT"... which stands for Thin Film Transistor. So when the panel type is described this way, they are giving you zero information.

TN = Twisted Nematic... it's a type of LCD panel and somewhat describes how the pixels work. TNs are faster than the other kinds (cheaper, too), so good for gamers. However, they are worse at everything else... color, contrast, viewing angle.

#17     Nov 5, 2006
  8. I dont like the wide aspect on anything smaller than a 24" Just my opinion.

#18     Nov 5, 2006
  9. It is awsome but you must pay an additional $1500 for a graphices card to run the dang thing.

#19     Nov 5, 2006
  10. #20     Nov 5, 2006