Kids = worthless investment?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Mar 7, 2011.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

be honest if you don't spend on your kids it likely end up in other not so "worthwhile" investments, just think of all the crap people spend on.

#51     Mar 8, 2011
  2. heech

heech

How about those asshole parents who beat their kids to death for wetting the bed...

Humans are just filled with flaws.

#52     Mar 8, 2011
  3. Are you dense? There has NEVER been any guarantee's about survival....at any moment something catastrophic can occur. That's a RISK of being alive.

#53     Mar 8, 2011
  4. Now the risk is highest since there has been silence for long time.

#54     Mar 8, 2011
  5. ^this. Plus if you teach them well, they'll take care of you when you're old better than any 401k ever could.

#55     Mar 8, 2011
  6. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

This is why Time and Newsweek are utterly awful magazines. The problem is that some rich liberal will keep funding these enterprises that should otherwise go bankrupt.

One thing though, I'm glad if the article's author doesn't have kids; that'll make the world a better place.

#56     Mar 8, 2011
  7. hiptogo

hiptogo

or.........we can all move to space...the moon..or something.
    when's that happening?

#57     Mar 8, 2011
  8. The irony is that those that are almost indifferent towards having kids have multiples and those whom really want them can't. Human Psychology at its best people often don't appreciate what the have until its gone.

#58     Mar 8, 2011
  9. Lots of people breed with little thought. Very bad.
    Many should not breed at all.

There are too many humans eating away at earth's resources and a slowly disappearing diversity in nature. Very bad.

Kid's can give a person a role in life and bring out noble qualities. Very good.

Kid's grow up into independent adults and will usually resent their parents in some way. Bad.

It's all a choice in the end. The pleasures are often outweighed by the pains in my opinion. Much has to do with narcisism and 'continuing one's genes' etc. It's a biological instinct to breed but as humans we can make a choice. Most people don't think through the consequences sufficiently.

#59     Mar 8, 2011
  10. the1

the1

Since when did having kids become and investment? I wouldn't trade my kids for the world, even considering how expensive it is to raise them. It's an opportunity for me to be a kid again. I get to play baseball again. Enough said.

#60     Mar 8, 2011