Kids send questions to McCain,Obama and other celebs -- only Obama writes back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Obama's Letter Was Answer To A Little Boy's Request

An envelope addressed to her son, Aron, 7, had been delivered to the school that morning. It was from Barack Obama, senator from Illinois and Democratic presidential candidate.

"They were all excited," Mondschein said. "The whole school was abuzz. They took a picture of [Aron]. He was like a little celebrity."

A little more than a month earlier, teacher Joyce Ben-KiKi had Aron and his classmates each send letters to a famous person as part of a language arts lesson. Ben-KiKi wrapped the exercise around well-known children's book character "Flat Stanley," so along with the letters, the children each tucked a Flat Stanley figure they had made into each envelope.

"I told them not to expect a letter back," Ben-KiKi said. "I told them these people are very busy and most likely will not write back."

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-flatobama1030.artoct30,0,7881722.story

2. God this is pointless beyond all belief. Truly truly pointless, worthless, meaningless and pointless again. Bigdave you remind of the writer at marketwatch.com i think Friedmen is his name. The topics he writes about are so pointless and meaningless that the fact that his articles are actually on a major market website is absurd. The fact that your posting this information on a forum is a little less absurd but still it hovers to the point of watching grass grow.

3. I wouldn't make a voting decision based on it, but I thought it was a sweet article.

It also shows how efficiently the Obama campaign is running.

4. Gord

Gord

Of course he writes back to kids - he's counting on their votes as well... [​IMG]

5. Not you.

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Great post, big dave. Ignore the rightbot detractors, they're on autopilot to attack pointlessly.

What they don't get is that Obama's campaign is totally organized while McSame is floundering like a fish out of water. Get ready for CHANGE on Tuesday, boys, and try not to soil your pants. :D

7. I totally agree that the McCain campaigne has been about as dependable as the cast of I love New York running it. My argument isn't fevorishly defending McCain rather calling for a standard of forum importance. Forum importance means posting things that have a degree of importance to politics, government and the country in general.

8. Gord

Gord

Neo - shush already. You're making them feel bad. This is the best they've got. Let them enjoy the moment...

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Cool article - thanks.

10. I'm amazed that none of the people here know what Flat Stanley is. I guess none of you ever had kids in school. I got Flat Stanleys from my relative's kids. It's a clever way schools came up to teach kids about places, people and culture. You are supposed to return the Flat Stanley along with a description of the place he visited. The place, the culture, the people, the attractions, the history, etc. I always reply them.

Of course, I would not expect John "get off my lawn" McCain to return Flat Stanley.

#10     Oct 31, 2008