Kicked Out Of Buffet Restaurant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JayS, May 5, 2006.

1. Lucas, I did not call you a redneck, I called that Iowa family rednecks. Your post did not infuriate me, it disgusted me because instead of condemning their behavior and attitude you were openly sympathetic to them and lashed out at chinese restaurants with irrelevant credit card story, sidetracking and obfuscating the real issue.

#41     May 7, 2006
  2. maxpi

maxpi

I went in a Chinese take out place once and while I was waiting for the food I put a quarter in a pong game [long time ago] but the thing was unplugged so I lost the quarter. I asked some old toothless bag behind the counter for another quarter and what's wrong with the machine. She told me they keep it unplugged and if I lose my quarter it's not their fault!! I am supposed to plug it in first then put in the quarter she says. I had not paid for the food so I told her that I would be right back, I have to go run an errand and I went somewhere else hoping they would have to toss the food, it was not like they had ANY other customers actually.

Now here is my theory: The Chinese restaurateurs are actually Triad or Tong associates, they vowed revenge. I look like a white guy pretty much so finally, this year, in Iowa, they got their chance. Think about it... it all adds up.

#42     May 7, 2006
  3. ? I wasn't openly sympathetic to anyone. I didn't even mention them! I don't care about them.
    I shared my story. Funny how having our number stolen "disguted" you, but yet the quote from another ET member saying "if you follow one rule, never eat Chinese" didn't bother you at all. Re-read some of the other posts as well.
    As far as lashing out, why are you lashing out at me and giving the criminals a free ride? J

#43     May 7, 2006
  4. Because the thread is not about you and your stinking credit card, its about Iowa pigs and all you can eat restaurants. What part of it do you not understand?

#44     May 7, 2006
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Look Lucas, you took a thread about a dispute between a restaurateur and some customers off the topic. You are in deep doodoo here in Chit Chat.

Can I interject something here? This is about a story in a newspaper about a dispute between a restaurateur and some patrons that is making national level coverage. Is that odd or what? Are the news guys regrouping for the next assault on the white house? Is the Iraq situation actually going much, much better than they have been letting on? Is that game over for them and they are looking for the next battle plan in their "hate bush 2006 campaign?? This is significant, I am in a wait and watch mode here. My analytical antenni are at new all time altitudes.

And yes, I did assist the topic to go off topic, I admit it, I could not find anything in the topic that would hold my attention for 5 seconds actually so I chit chatted freely. It is a problem, I admit it. If my insurance covers it I will get right to work on it.

#45     May 7, 2006
  6. Pabst

Pabst

It really is a news story straight out of The Onion.

#46     May 7, 2006
  7. #47     May 7, 2006
  8. Pabst

Pabst

#48     May 7, 2006
  9. The story isn't really about Iowa, it could be a story from San Mateo.

It really isn't about a Chinese restaurant, it could have been a breakfast buffet at Marie Calendars.

It is about the mentality of waste, which is pervasive in this country.

Children are starving all over the world, and we have parents teaching their children to waste food....because they think they can.

A story like this is just another reason for the rest of the world to keep using the euphemism, the "Ugly American" which if we look around, should be changed to the "Ugly Fat American."

#49     May 7, 2006
  10. Pabst

Pabst

I agree. I've noticed recently when I see children in restaurants they're MUCH more wasteful and rude than a generation ago. Don't parents ever say anymore, "there's people starving in India and you're wasting your peas...." A coffeehouse a few blocks from me in Chicago got into a MAJOR flap several months back when they posted a sign asking parents to keep their kids quiet. Boycotts, a New York Times article, ect. By and large most people sided with the proprietor.

#50     May 7, 2006