Kicked Out Of Buffet Restaurant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JayS, May 5, 2006.

1. You can't be a victim of a stolen card number, your credit card company always is, they are legally obligated to pick up the tab and it never costs you a penny. I am not even sure why you had to get the police involved and waste taxpayers money.

#31     May 6, 2006
  2. We DIDN'T call the bank or police. They both contacted us. No, we didn't waste taxpayers money. There you go continually attempting to blame me rather than the criminals. Nice.

#32     May 6, 2006
  3. Ill wrap up some leftovers for you to take home.
    [​IMG]

#33     May 6, 2006
  4. So what's your problem, you did not have to do anything, it did not cost you a penny, yet you've been whining about being a victim of criminal chinese restaurant cortel this entire thread.

PS The law requiring credit card companies to eat the losses in cases of credit card theft was promoted by liberals. Rightwingers like you do not believe credit card companies should be regulated. Enjoy this consumer protection while you're bashing liberals.

#34     May 6, 2006
  5. One way it will effect you is if you have used that card number for any auto-pay type accounts -like your internet service possibly, Pay Pal type accounts, & yada, yada. You better be on top of it and update with the new card number in that case.

Got burned once that way, I wised up and established a "House Credit account card". Never leaves home - physically and only used for auto-pay accounts. Bill should always look the same - for the most part. Easy to monitor balance.

One "wallet" card was compromised two times in < 4 months. Once was after paying the co-pay at the dentist, other is unknown where / when. Both times we were notified - due to odd spending patterns.

A third card is reserved only for mail order and internet - no signature receipt and 'riskier' type purchases.

I also received a call at home after purchasing my G MAC -to confirm I actually did make that purchase.
    I would say the card companies are on top of it if they are watching that close.

#35     May 6, 2006
  6. Jzlucas - tell me that is your garlic mashed potatoes with a dash of paprika? Anything else would be so gross! :D

If so - or if not, here is a must try - trust me!
    I bet few on this board have had or possibly even tried this this alternate.

Peal two bags of Parsnips as you do carrots and coarsely dice. Boil as you do them potatoes - leave out the butter. You wont need it.

Surprise guests with this very agreeable and unexpected flavor!! Good stuff - Replaces ( or accompanies) the potatoes, onions and carrots with the pot roast also!

Not a vegetable that gets much restaurant , home or cafeteria exposure ANYWHERE (well in the south at least!)

Parsnips have a very mild hint of sweet that is quite unique!

#36     May 6, 2006
  7. 1. Not whining. Defending myself against your false accusations... again.
    2. Your the basher here.

#37     May 7, 2006
  8. Sorry... not my potatoes! That picture was a joke!
    Ill let you know how the parsnips go over. Bon appetit!

#38     May 7, 2006
  9. LOL, you were whining about your credit card in your very first post in this thread, that was long before I posted. And the only things I accused you of were sidetracking the thread with your irrelevant credit card stories, smearing ALL chinese restaurants and not condemning the Iowa family of pigs. Are these accusations false?

#39     May 7, 2006
  10. Here's my original post:
    "The Mrs. had her credit card # stolen awhile back. The police asked us if we had recently ate at the local Chinese Buffet Restaurant... we had. Like the family above, we will think twice before we return."
    For some reason, this infuriated you. You go crazy ranting about rednecks and stereotyping people again. I explain how this doesn't represent my family. So you complain about me contacting the police. Again, you are wrong. The bank and police contacted us. Not knowing what to do, you start the "whining" accusation. The original post should not have angered you so much. Calm down, it will be OK.

#40     May 7, 2006