Kicked Out Of Buffet Restaurant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JayS, May 5, 2006.

1. JayS

JayS

Family Kicked Out Of Buffet Restaurant For Wasting Food

POSTED: 6:50 am EDT May 5, 2006
    UPDATED: 7:07 am EDT May 5, 2006

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Wendy Dershem may think twice before leaving that egg roll on her plate at her next Chinese buffet.

The Des Moines woman, her boyfriend and her two children were kicked out of a restaurant last week after management accused her of leaving too much food on her plate.

"They told us we are not welcome there anymore," said Dershem, a repeat customer at the Dragon House buffet. "We waste too much food. But the buffet is all you can eat. And you know kids. They won't always eat everything and they want something else."

Dershem said she paid her $5.95 fee but was abruptly told to leave after eating one plate of food.

"They just take one bite and throw it away," said cashier Lin Huyen. "They take four egg rolls and crab rangoon, take one bite of egg roll and throw the whole plate. That is wasting food."

Dershem said she was shocked by the scolding and complained to management.

Dragon House manager Kent Cao said his restaurant offers all you can eat buffet, not all you can waste. Dershem's family took food, didn't finish it and then piled on the same food again, he said.

"Shes done that too many times," Cao said.

"We would welcome her back if she has respect and knows what she wants."

2. The Mrs. had her credit card # stolen awhile back. The police asked us if we had recently ate at the local Chinese Buffet Restaurant... we had. Like the family above, we will think twice before we return.

3. YOU HERE FOUR HOUR... YOU GO NOW!
    [​IMG]

4. maxpi

maxpi

Don't use the roll away ATM's either. Friend of mine got her checking account emptied via that route. FWIW, don't eat chinese even if you have cash. I knew a guy that inspected restaurants, he said if you follow only one rule it's never eat chinese.

I liked the response from the restaurateur though, "It's not all you can throw away', so blunt it's funny, Chinese people are like that.

I watched a guy at a coffee shop take my card and swipe it once to pay for the bill and again under the counter. I just told him if I have any problem with the card I'm coming back and I'm looking for him. He just nodded, I never had a problem with it. This stuff is going on all over the place.

5. I had my card # stolen a few months back. They never got the actual card, but had all the info and had a nice little shopping spree. MBNA took care of it, but not a fun experience.

6. Typical "out to lunch" parenting (pun intended).
    Defending the waste the little shits were creating?
    I bet they made a disaster area of their table & floor to boot.

I would imagine them chillens' is classic White Trash pigs with zero supervision.

7. We haven't been back to any Chinese restaurant since. We're going to keep it that way! Good trading and good eating to you.

8. nitro

nitro

I always thought it was a bit unhealthy at these buffet places, and not just because you can keep eating not because you are hungry, but because you can. What really bothers me is that most of the food is sitting there open while mounds of people are breathing on it and hair flying everywhere and kids running around.

I don't know, but I like my food straight from the kitchen to my table, with cooks that have hats on their heads to keep the hair from going in my food.

nitro

9. Isn't that <s>ironic</s> disgusting how right wingers are attacking chinese restaurants and implicitely defending ugly redneck pigs who shamelessly waste food, don't teach their kids good manners turning them into slobs and spoiled brats, demonstrate arrogance and disrespect of other people (including small business owners) and are totally oblivious of the rights of others. It speaks volumes about people like you lucas.

10. Pabst

Pabst

I think JL's beef dddoo was not with the food or ethnic origin of the owners but the fact his CC# was compromised.

I have zero problem with the owners responding in such a manner. It's libs who'd throw the 1964 civil rights Act into the fray. I believe a businessman has the right to do or not do business with ANYONE he pleases....

#10     May 6, 2006