Kick Ass (the movie)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bronks, Apr 18, 2010.

1. bronks

bronks

Hands Down, the best movie I've seen all year, or maybe five.

Throw the trailers out the window. It's not what you'd expect.
    It's not perfect, but it's damn entertaining.

2. maxpi

maxpi

Thanks for head's up.

Date Night was awful, I think it's on DVD already...

Bounty Hunter is really cute, take a date, you'll both like it.

Alice in Wonderland is a G movie for kids but it's a Tim Burton film so I had to see, it, enjoyed it for what it was

What did you like about Kick Ass? Mystery Men was really droll funny movie about people with powers imagined or not..

3. bronks

bronks

Yeah, I really liked Mystery Men also.

The little girl in Kick Ass stole the show. I'm not just talking about the fight scenes... they do things with her character that's just very unexpected of an 11 year old. They don't really do anything that's particularly groundbreaking, but was just executed very well. Nick Cage plays a good role also. One of those movies that pretty much fired on all cylinders. Pure entertainment.

4. maxpi

maxpi

Kick Ass is kind of juvenile, well it's totally juvenile but it's cute, the little girl is cute. I didn't like it all that much but I take care of a friend sometimes that has early stages of dementia, she enjoyed it...

5. bronks

bronks

Yes I agree, it was juvenile. That's probably why I enjoyed it. Probably the kind of movie that ends up with no middle ground. It's either all love or no love.

6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

great movie...LOL

The kill bill like scenes from the little girl, Cage shooting her in training, the gay part to get closer to the girl...a good moment.

7. Gcapman

Gcapman

Definitely a good movie...

Looks like a sequel is in the works - assuming from the son's "what till they get a load of me.............."

Caught me off guard and Mindy stole the show -