KGTrader4 Real Money

Discussion in 'Journals' started by KGTrader4, Apr 19, 2022.

1. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Thanks. m good with it. I stuck with what I originally set up as my plan.
    I was actually on the golf course, did not have stops in, but had a copy of my spreadsheet so I’d remember what the stops were. I checked prices every hole (not a great thing to do on the go,f course). When it hit, I sold, i didnt think.

so yeah, I think I did the right thing. :)

#21     Apr 25, 2022
  2. tomkat22

tomkat22

A quick glance at those charts leads me to believe you're employing some sort of "trend joining" strategy: finding a stock in an uptrend and hopping on board hoping the trend continues. Is that pretty close to accurate? Otherwise those names just look kinda random to me.

#22     Apr 26, 2022
  3. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

buying what looks to me like breakouts. new to trading

#23     Apr 26, 2022
  4. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Seems like this is all working the way it’s supposed to. I got stopped out of volatility and I’m left holding UNH, and MRK. Which is fine.

#24     Apr 26, 2022
  5. deaddog

deaddog

At least for a couple more days. :)

I've often said I'd rather be in cash when the market went up than be in stocks as the market goes down. Practicing patience can be difficult.

#25     Apr 26, 2022
    KGTrader4 likes this.
  6. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

I actually said this to my wife today. When I told her I reduced equity in our long term portfolio from 59% to 35-36%. (Even 50% is low for me).

market isn’t taking off anytime soon , IMO, if I miss a technical/short covering bounce, I. Ok with it.

#26     Apr 26, 2022
  7. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Bought 170 shares KHC @ $42.98. Stop @$37
    Strong chart, stock has pulled back a little, earnings out of the way as of today. Stop at support (daily time frame). Close to multi year breakout.

from this point in, I will limit loss @Stop to 1% of capital, until I feel I’m starting to have a clue what I’m doing.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    #27     Apr 27, 2022
  8. deaddog

deaddog

Are we supposed to guess which stock? :)

#28     Apr 27, 2022
  9. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

LOL. Thanks for the heads up. Fixed it. Fix it in your quote.

#29     Apr 27, 2022
  10. deaddog

deaddog

It's one of my holdings. Took 1/2 off at initial target (40.40) and letting the rest run.Trailing a stop below the 10ma.

#30     Apr 27, 2022
    KGTrader4 likes this.