KGTrader4 Real Money

Discussion in 'Journals' started by KGTrader4, Apr 19, 2022.

1. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Sticking with my plan.
    Paleo alto is in that category of technology momo so I had it in a short leash. I think the others are in a pretty strong uptrend.
    If we get selling on heavy volume again tomorrow in mining and “stuff” stocks like we did today I might cut CF and TECK early as well.
    MRK will stay unless it hits my original stop.

#11     Apr 21, 2022
  2. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

good question… like I said it’s a momo stock and I really disliked the intraday market reversal from up big to down big particularly in Nasdaq.
    Honestly I thought my stop was at 600 but when i looked at it and saw it was lower I considered today’s market action and that’s how I made my decision

#12     Apr 21, 2022
  3. deaddog

deaddog

I mark up my charts with the plan (Stops, target and reason for being in the trade) and have alerts set to let me know when stops are getting close.
    Nothing wrong with adjusting the plan as long as you don't do it in the heat of the battle.

#13     Apr 21, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  4. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

That’s a fair point and heat of battle might have had something to do with it.

also I haven’t been putting in actual stops I probably should. If I do they will show on the charts.

#14     Apr 21, 2022
  5. deaddog

deaddog

I rarely put stops in the market. (Except golfing days) If it looks like they'll get hit I'll put them in. It costs me sometimes, like CCJ today. I was asleep at the wheel, watching another stock for an entry.

#15     Apr 21, 2022
    KGTrader4 likes this.
  6. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

I golf a few days a week. But that’s coming to an end next week, I’m heading North. So I’ll be down to once a week. Sometimes I trade in the golf course which is a mortal sin.

#16     Apr 22, 2022
  7. deaddog

deaddog

My phone stays with my street shoes in the pick-up.

#17     Apr 22, 2022
    KGTrader4 likes this.
  8. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Stopped out of TECK 200 shares @ 37.87.

#18     Apr 22, 2022
  9. KGTrader4

KGTrader4

Stopped out of CF 100 Shares at $93.56

#19     Apr 25, 2022
  10. deaddog

deaddog

WTF!! Wasn't That Fun.
    Don't feel bad. I sold 5 positions this morning because they had hit their stops. I consider them all good trades because I followed my plan. Now I have a fistfull of cash for when the next opportunity presents itself.

#20     Apr 25, 2022