keystone trading group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bonds, Jun 12, 2007.

1. FarkCop

FarkCop

Did you try Title or Swift? Their model should meet your commision structure, unless you are searching for remote solution.

#21     Mar 13, 2008
  2. Several months ago I looked into both. I emailed swift, but never heard back. The guy from Title called me and was very nice, but said they were mainly looking for people to trade in their office, but they don't have one near me (DC/Baltimore area). I don't think I would try to qualify with any of these firms. I don't really have the kind of resume they're looking for and really hate sucking up to people and convincing them why they should hire me. I would rather just put up a security deposit and not worry about that.

#22     Mar 13, 2008
  3. teck

teck

You were fortunate you got your deposit back I lost mine $1800, were profits .I was lied to and blown off every time i called by Pete and basically excomunicated by Eric . Lots of others got the same treatment .This post is probably another waste of time because most of my posts are being deleted.They can get people to post anything on this thread "Honest nice guys "nothing could be further from the truth.They ripped traders of for thousands of dollars and now they think their not going to be bothered....think again

#23     Mar 14, 2008
  4. Dobbes

Dobbes

You're right, that might be a good deal. The training is a bit pricey and I'm not sure how much I'd get out of it, but their willingness to absorb the losses after it sounds like quite a perk. I've been hanging out in their chat room for the past week and a few traders seem to have an idea of what they are doing, some of them seem pretty lost, but I guess that's normal. Sterling seems to be a crappier program, I wonder if there was a way I could run TS or something and just book my trades on Sterling. Oh well, I have a lot of time to sort these things out.

#24     Mar 16, 2008
  5. It is a good deal, especially compared to Velez Capital Management. I think they want $9000. I'll admit I can be a little naive sometimes, but when it comes to something like this, I'm not a complete idiot. Nobody is going to let you manage their money and loose it forever. I'm sure there is a provision in the contract that says they can terminate the agreement anytime. Plus they probably have a daily stop loss of $30 built into the software. They're just playing the odds. If you're bad, at $30 a day, it will take over a year until they're in the red from the $3500 course fee. If you're good, then of course they'll keep half the profits and your $3500. Seems like a good deal to them. They won't let you use Tradestation or anything else. I already asked.

#25     Mar 16, 2008
  6. Six is a Half Dozen. Which do you prefer? Is your training fee a deposit? What is interesting is that Oliver Velez and Charlie Vaccaro continue to manipulate the minds of the ignorant.

It is believed that Oliver Velez and Charlie Vaccaro have stated together that they are exploring software that will fill both sides of their trader's trades. This means that they will hope that the trader is wrong. Considering Oliver Velez's claim to profitability, this would be insanity.

Oliver Velez is aware that his students, collectively, do not make money. The Velez Capital Management / VCM Trading model is profitable only by training fees and commissions. If this is not true, I would love to be proven wrong. I would even take his class.

#26     Mar 21, 2008
  7. You did get your deposit back?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
    #27     Mar 21, 2008
  8. Dobbes

Dobbes

As an update I contacted them to get more information about their fees. They were sufficiently shady, that I don't think I'll be dealing with them in the future.

#28     Mar 21, 2008
  9. Oliver Velez and Charlie Vaccaro are on the ooposite site of the table when it comes to traders.

If you are considering doing business with them, consider the civil suits against them. Ask Velez and Vaccaro how many civil suits are currently filed against them. Check your answer against the public record.

#29     Mar 21, 2008
  10. The last webinar I was on with Velez he publicly stated that he already has software that mirrors good traders for his own account and does the opposite of his bad traders.

#30     Mar 21, 2008