Keystone Approved - Big Labor Trumps Tree Huggers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Mar 1, 2013.

1. JamesL

JamesL

fc is probably going to go apeshit now and kick his dog over this:

Keystone Pipeline Approved As Environmentally Sound

The State department has approved Keystone Pipeline has been approved as being environmentally sound.

Barring a bizarre twist, this report will represents the government's final position.

Construction on the American section of the pipeline is already completed or underway. The structure will transport 700,000 of crude daily from Alberta to the Gulf of Mexico.

This week, the New York Times' Steven Greenhouse reported that AFL-CIO actually came out in favor of the project, if indirectly:

Pipelines, the labor leaders said, “are a low carbon emissions method of transporting oil and gas” and “lower the cost of fuel they carry compared with other forms of transportation.”

Shares of Transcanada, the company who operates the pipeline, is mostly unchanged.

(added plus emphasis mine)

Stifel Nicolaus' Dave Lutz just put out an insta-note saying approval would be good for pipeline companies but bad for Warren Buffett, whose trains move a lot of oil.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/keystone-pipeline-decision-2013-3#ixzz2MK7alHGB

2. Ricter

Ricter

You beat me to it.

AK, please add this to pspr's track record.

3. pspr

pspr

I think that is just the State Department Environmental report. Now, Obama has to approve it.

And, he had better.

If Ricter, RCG and the other liberal slime are counting, you can chalk it up to a conservative victory if Obama is forced to finally give it his approval.

If he doesn't you can chalk it up to another incredibly bone headed decision made by the ignorant community organizer in chief.