Keynes vs Hayek: Battle! Hilarious video

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Maverick74, Apr 28, 2011.

1. I don't know why you didn't post it down in the basement, some P&R rats do not see the light of day!:D

Gabby might see them, but i have never seen Ricter above ground.

#11     Apr 28, 2011
  2. What is sad is that I own Road to Serfdom, but it was so long since I read it, that I forgot about Hayek. It was this book that got me interested in markets when a college student back in the day.

I became a convert to trickle down because I was aware that the Clinton boom foundation was laid during Reagan's term. But, unbridled capitalism leads to robber baron type behavior, so perhaps there is a middle ground?

#12     Apr 28, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter never leaves the basement of ET? Really? Why is he so afraid to leave the cave? Hmm...

Well, the anchor that holds capitalism together is the risk of ruin. If you don't have that, you get unbridled capitalism. Keynesian economics is really what unbridled capitalism is. Because it rewards the losers. There are no risks. You socialize the losses, for the greater good of course. True capitalism involves lots of suffering. Not among the poor, but among the rich. There has to be a risk to the upside or the system loses its balance. The problem is those rich people own the government, so getting Washington to punish them is going to be a hard task.

I mean look, Obama won't even prosecute Wall Street. And he ran as an anti-wall street, Washington outsider, yadda, yadda, yadda. Of course that was nothing but lies, but if you can't get that guy to punish the losers, then nobody will.

#13     Apr 28, 2011
  4. I mentioned to someone else that during the campaign it was announced that Obama reminded people of JFK, not too many mentioned Lincoln. But either way the message was clear. If I were Obama and saw some of that, I might have quit, I won't lie.

The secret service did notice, I saw, when the history channel unveiled the beast, the new Presidential limo. If Obama wins a second term and they get him through it, it will erase all the stains that organization ever had, just as America believed that electing him would put the lid on the sins of slavery.

Mav, a lot of educated blacks see this for what it is. America as a whole is desperate to fix the one thing wrong with the republic, racism. They are so desperate that Obama is not allowed to be criticized. Anyone who faces him will have to attack his policies without attacking him, but he will have the full advantage of one false slip of the tongue from the opponent. Just one.

Now, Obama, when he sat down in that chair, found out stuff that I bet he wished he hadn't. Hence the reversals on things like Gitmo. He also knows that the Rothchild line about giving control of a nation's credit and not caring about who makes it's laws is very, very real. He plays ball because a lot of things can happen to a President if they don't. That is my opinion based on the last president who would not play ball, and his brother.

So I don't come down on Obama because I feel that he is a sock puppet at the end of the day. Ron Paul will never be President because he is in his seventies, and does not have too much longer anyways, he cannot be threated by a Masonic penalty.

Sorry if I sound like a conspiracy theorist, Im just sayin, that's all.

#14     Apr 28, 2011
  5. Hey, that was a very good post. Alot of critical thought went into that. I happen to believe that is exactly how things are played in the Beltway.

The powerful special interests will never allow or "back" a candidate who does not have ALOT of skeletons in their closet. It's the ultimate bargaining chip and explains why many, many candidates suddenly change course once they assume office.

#15     Apr 28, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You can't "fix" racism. No more then I could make you find fat girls attractive. I knew when Obama got elected even though he swore up and down he would improve race relations in this country, that his election would send us back 40 years in the race dept. And the media (MSNBC) is playing race every single night. I swear to God Chris Matthews gets a hard on every time he talks about race every night. How the f*ck can he make every single news story about race. I don't know how it's possible but he finds a way to do it. And Obama is not helping the matter. Does the guy have to attend churches were preachers scream out the most vitriolic hate ever known to man. I swear to God Obama has little to no common sense which seems to be typical of most Presidents.

#16     Apr 28, 2011
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

A lot of the things you hear about the "robber barrons" is a myth. Even if it were all true, I'd take a few RBs and a real free market over the Fed-meddling, bailout nation, crony-capitalist, entitlement-junkie world we have now...no question.

#17     Apr 28, 2011
  8. Funny you used that analogy, as the media did try to recast fat girls as BBW, remember?

MSNBC is doing it's job, just as FOX is. That is why I defended FOX downstairs. Most educated folks, if you want my take are about to abandon the electoral process. Obama was supposed to be the ultimate outsider, really....the ultimate. But it turns out that he is a member of the CFR, like Hillary, Condi, Edwards, and Cheney.

In other words, he is the ultimate insider. I hope AMT does not find this post as it would compromise me:D

Obama likes basketball, but he should study baseball. He is Jackie Robinson, a symbol of what America wants to be. But he has a problem, when this is all over, he has to go back to Chicago. Back to his hood, and he seems to lack the testicular fortitude to stand up and say that when he was in office he had no color, he was simply, POTUS. Some in black America get this clearly, but some also said that he was not black enuf, as retarded as that sounds.

Mav, I was a member of the NOI growing up. If you are from Chicago you know full well what that means. I fully walked the path of Malcom X, except I got out without them wanting to kill me.

I know and understand white, and black, racism. Very very well in fact. Obama needs to have the courage to be an American, in his heart, not just a black American. Even tho he is President, he still has this lesson to learn. I hope he learns it soon.

#18     Apr 28, 2011
  9. Okay, WalMart is the closet thing to robber barons that we have today. Now imagine a WalMart in every sector, without oversight. Meditate on that.

#19     Apr 28, 2011
  10. Presidents come from rich folks, but not wealthy. There is a significant difference. Gate, Buffet, Soros, etc, are known because they have to be. It shocked a lot of people when it was found out that Hosni Mubarak might be a billionaire. The wizards prefer to stay behind the curtain. If the common man knows their name and face, they are familiars, not of the actual coven.

#20     Apr 28, 2011