Key West / Florida Keys... Any traders down there??

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by gimp570, Apr 5, 2004.

1. EPrado

EPrado

lol....I hear ya...great place to live....I just thought the guy was inquiring about getting a trading gig down here. Aint easy.......much better off in Chicago or Ny.

But cant beat trading down here from Nov to May......

#31     Jul 22, 2008
  2. How are capital gains treated favorably trading outside US?

#32     Jul 23, 2008
  3. how could you not like it?

#33     Jul 24, 2008
  4. Weather turns in middle to end of March.

#34     Jul 24, 2008
  5. many places have zero taxes on cap gains. The Bahamas have zero taxes period.

problem is, you still pay US taxes if you are a US citizen no matter where in the world you live. You have to give up your US citizenship to avoid the taxes. many big traders have done this. marc rich comes to mind.

I personally would not do this for any amount of money.

Our Canadian and European buddies don't have this problem. leave home, no taxes, depending on where they are located. The US is the only industrialized (ie wealthy) country that taxes worldwide income. I believe the Philippines is the only other country to do it period.

#35     Jul 24, 2008

6. Sounds like some kind of prison...

#36     Jul 24, 2008
  7. Giving up ones U.S. citizenship is no longer a viable avoidance option....

http://www.suntimes.com/business/savage/1030942,CST-FIN-terry30.article

#37     Jul 24, 2008

8. What a deal for Bear Stearns employees and others ravaged in the meltdown.
    Leave the country, renounce citizenship, take tax losses w/o even selling your stock. Or did they exclude cap losses in the bill? That would be just like them wouldn't it.

#38     Jul 24, 2008
  9. So how does trading from the Bahamas or Costa Rico do me any good on the capital gains?

From what I read here don't do me shit except maybe i can drown myself in the surf

#39     Jul 24, 2008
  10. topeak

topeak

How is the internet issue in costa rica?

#40     Jul 24, 2008