Key West / Florida Keys... Any traders down there??

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by gimp570, Apr 5, 2004.

1. What do people with experience think of Miami?

I'm a New England boy at heart so no changing seasons will be difficult.

#21     Jul 22, 2008
  2. gimp570

gimp570

#22     Jul 22, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

gimp the florida keys is awesome...ramrod key is a hop skip and a jump from duvall street and its awesome there..my boy has a house there and its what can i say, sweeeeeeeet. You gotta love the water and anything having to do with it...if not it could get boring..unless of course you swing both ways , then there will be plenty of things for you to do....:D

#23     Jul 22, 2008
  4. gimp570

gimp570

yes i think it is a great place. especially to trade....BUT not sure how great it would be to raise a family down there....

#24     Jul 22, 2008
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

pick up the the previous issue of TIME, not the one i just got in the mail today ( i think thats where i read it, i'll try to find the issue )...anyways, it talks about Miami and everything you really need to know going forward. From that issue alone, you'd be crazy to come...We have sucked just about everything out of this place we can; This is not the oasis that i arrived to....diminishing returns from here on out...from our water source ( lake okachobee) , to our waste being pumped off our coast, to the poor planning, mis-management of funds just to name a few....just enviromentally not what it seems or was...peace

#25     Jul 22, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I spent a couple of days in Key West some years ago. Didn't much care for it to be honest.

#26     Jul 22, 2008
  7. EPrado

EPrado

I just watched Cocaine Cowboys on Showtime. Great documentary on Miami in the 70's and 80's. Was like the wild west down there.

#27     Jul 22, 2008
  8. EPrado

EPrado

South Florida is not a good place for traders...at least ones looking for jobs. Much better off in Chicago or NY.

#28     Jul 22, 2008
  9. gimp570

gimp570

Trading remote......on ISLAND TIME

Who needs an office???

#29     Jul 22, 2008
  10. mogul

mogul

For what you get for the money (still despite the correcton), you might as well do your daytrading in Bahamas or Costa Rica and take advantage of the expat tax advantage.

Miami is just as third world (possibly more) than those places anyway.

btw, I've lived in Miami (south beach) since 1994.

#30     Jul 22, 2008