Key reversal

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lojanica, May 22, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't mean to imply it can't or won't work. "Confirmation" always speaks for itself in my book.

#11     May 23, 2013
  2. Blotto

Blotto

Make note, we correct and range for a few weeks at most and then go to new highs on the year. We don't see 1450 in this time. (see, an opposite prediction, we'll know later in the year which was accurate, but how does that help anyone make profit or improve their market knowledge meanwhile?)

We can make some points on the short side, and on the long side during this time. What is relevant to day traders is the increase in intraday range and trade setups.

Why is there the preoccupation with picking out 1 candle, without any context or understanding of the prior move, and using it in isolation to make market calls (or worse, trades)? Do you guys even know what timelines you are trading on? It makes more sense to maximize your odds by learning how to create accurate predictions of the immediate future.

Which signify what?

#12     May 23, 2013
  3. As spicy as a Karen the supertrader Tasty Trade.

#13     May 23, 2013
  4. Reminds me of the time gold was $550. Sure it had ramped from 450. This guy I know was badgering the crap out of me for one good trade I said "Buy Gold." He argued and huffed and puffed and I said you wanted solid advice on one good trade. To this day the guy is still beligerant because he needed to be right more than he needed to make money. I like money myself.....

#14     May 23, 2013
  5. Is the overpowering need to pick tops and bottoms a recognized psychiatric disorder? If it is not it should be. Or does it simpy fall under the catagory of egomania? I don't get it, I've never gotten it, and I'm reasonably certain I will never get it.

#15     May 23, 2013
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Note: condition B was met. Bounced off 54 handle for an easy 8-9 pts. Again, at ~53 for another 6. Likely retest again, for another short. Please tell us of these "accurate predictions of the immediate future"..... :S:D:D:D

[​IMG]

#16     May 23, 2013
  7. One week later the key reversal high remains a technical high in the SP500

#17     May 31, 2013
  8. achilles28

achilles28

See that chart I posted above? Price respect the underside of that established trendline pretty good....

#18     May 31, 2013
  9. Sure did. Nice job.

#19     May 31, 2013
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Back at cha :D

Only 40 pts...

[​IMG]

#20     Jun 1, 2013