Ketogenic dieting pointers

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by destriero, Apr 15, 2018.

1. destriero

destriero

I could have hit-up one of the other threads, but some ideas not typically addressed on the dieting/paleo and keto forums.

Paleo is total BS. No, we didn't drink cow's milk and didn't eat wheat. Some are genetically susceptible to leaky gut, obv lactose intolerance, etc. The majority of the population will not benefit from Paleo.

Erectus, Neanderthals fasted. Paleo disciples are mostly CrossFit freaks that are destroying their joints and oxidizing to death.

Anyway, if you want hyper-efficient keto follow this simple plan:

1) 70/30 fat to protein. Individual meals should follow 70/30 as well. Disproportionate protein will kick you out of ketosis or delay entering, due to gluconeogensis (pathway of conv of protein to glucose). Eat a lot of fat.

2) ALCAR + ALA: Many benefits to ALCAR supplementation. It increases mito-uptake of fatty acids in CellMet. Implicated in raising BMR. I lose 1/3 more weight/time with ALCAR. 500-75mg 30 mins before each meal.

3) Vitamin C; prebiotic and psyllium fiber!

I hit 14% so I went on Keto a week ago. I've lost 10 lbs to date. I've never been this successful w/o adding ALCAR.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Mobh likes this.
  2. The nitrogen surplus and epinephrine don't bother you?

3. destriero

destriero

Not at all. The “keto flu” is nonexistent with ALCAR and the discrete FA-met means no sympathetic/parasympathetic swings.

4. How does that work since betahydroxybuterate induces epinephrine?

5. destriero

destriero

6. What do your meals look like? Could you give us an idea of what you ate over the last couple of days?

Also, how long do you plan on following a keto diet?

7. VPhantom likes this.
  8. destriero

destriero

I usually go 60 days and add carbs slowly. You're not impacting HPT-axis (thyroid) so your met-panel should look 5x5.

I forgot to add the vitamin C. I'll edit the opening post. I would do at least a gram with each meal. You will need it to maintain regularity. I also consume prebiotic fiber and insoluble to move things along.

The ALCAR makes some people "loose" so reduce if >bowel tolerance.

Lots of free-range and organic eggs. Obv zero supplemental protein. Egg salad (eggs, mayo, yellow mustard). Omelettes. Fatty beef, turkey sausage. I cook with Kerrygold butter, EVOO and coconut oil. Bacon on occasion but moving away from pork--pigs are as smart as dolphins, perhaps smarter.

Today I had a three egg omelette with cheddar in butter. A tsp of coconut oil. No lunch yet.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. destriero

destriero

No, CellMet:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/fatty-acid-metabolism-disorder

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4967041/

Just pubmed acetylcarnitine and FA metabolism/metabolism.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3663232

ALCAR does increase beta hydroxybutyrate so you need to experiment with dosing. Start with 250mg combined with 100mg ALA before or with meals.

If you cannot handle the epi then forego the ALCAR until you see how you feel; add a tsp of coconut oil with it.

#10     Apr 15, 2018