Kershner Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by htown_dave, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Moving to Austin, & wanted some info on Kershner Trading before continuing w Assent.

What is their split arrangement w money up?

What type of training does one receive? Pairing? Momentum?

Positive/negatives of firm?

2. wetears

wetears

They train mostly on spread plays and open book crosses, but the fees-commission and fixed costs are much more than Assent. You get a coach and share your profit with him and the company before it makes it to you.

3. Thanks for your insight, thats a pretty bad deal when putting money up.
    How valuable did you find the coaches?

4. volente_00

volente_00

Back when it was Zone, you put zero money up and got 30% payout, have heard it could be negotiated up to 50% if you were a decent trader.

5. wetears

wetears

Coaches are good if you have never traded. or more to the point, scalped before. I think it is really on a case by case basis with the coaches.

It is a true prop firm. where traders don't risk any money, but the payouts and cost are lower and higher, so I think it really depends on what your style is, how much experience, etc. I know a lot of them at Zone/Kershner, learn over there then come to Assent when they understand the cost structure disadvantage of staying there.

But, Zone just recruits more young kids and teaches them to trade for a year or so, and it is a business model that works for them. They make the majority of their money on the per share commision. Hope this helps- Are you with Assent now? (in Houston?)