Kershner Trading vs Opus Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ti92484, May 2, 2007.

1. ti92484

ti92484

Im a college senior graduating in a couple of weeks. These 2 firms are the primary places I have been loooking into and have interviews scheduled for.

For a person in my position, recent college grad, anybody have a recommendation for someone who wants to get into trading?

Also, I would love to hear from somebody that has worked at these firms or knows a significant amount about them. Anything would help as its tough to know what to look for in my position. Thanks

2. CTT

CTT

Opus pays you a salary to figure out if you can prop trade or not. They want you to position trade there, not scalp. Figure you will need at least a year to get the hang of things, that is if you can at all. It's a tough job, no doubt about that. No shop is going to tell you what you have to do to make money, you have to figure it out for yourself, there is no "correct way" to trade.

I know people who are short 85% of the time, all the time and make a killing (they just don't like being long), also know people who do the opposite, everyone trades their own style. So my suggestion would be to go with which ever firm you think you can stay there the longest and really learn what the markets are all about, because from what I can tell, you are pretty much teaching yourself about the markets no matter where you are.

I don't know anything about Kershner though, so don't know what their deal is.

-CTT