Kershner Interview experience

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by slepore, Oct 6, 2008.

1. jbt26

jbt26

dont take not getting hired personally. at ktg, you have to find a coach willing to take on students at that time to even have a chance. that being said, we hire just about anyone that's smart enough to find the place. also, jamie gets a crapload of applications and calls; she cant give feedback to all. and im not sure where you got the 1 in 3 number either. id guestimate closer to 1 in 4 max (and thats counting only a minimal level of success).

#41     Dec 2, 2008
  2. Hey,

At least Jbt26 is being honest and up front. He isn't trying to get you out to "Boot Camp" in vegas on your dime to try and make you believe that "His amazing system will bring you profits".

Even at Schonfeld, 1out 4 were successful, hell might have even been 1 out 8 or 9 I can't remember, need to hit up Mr. Rearden on that one to confirm.

#42     Dec 2, 2008
  3. jem

jem

I have no idea if kershner is any good.

But.... as a lawyer who once ran/owned an office in an trading llc - I know for a fact other owners were sued for discrimination. Those other owners spent 75 grand defending themselves.

They only safe reason you can give for a hire or a fire is no reason. "Thanks for your interest but we are going another direction." boom. Do I like no - does it lack balls yes... do I think it is the best advice - probably.

#43     Dec 2, 2008
  4. On another note, I was also told by my lawyer never to give a bad referral for a previous employee or subcontractor, and he told me not to give a good referral either, just don't say anything was his advise. I always check referrals though and I've been able to get feedback most of the time when I call in person.

#44     Dec 2, 2008
  5. dr_sean

dr_sean

Are they still around / everything okay? I just notice the web-site is not working anymore. Any info???

#45     Dec 22, 2008
  6. we are waiting on the TARP funds to bailout our website

#46     Dec 22, 2008
  7. dr_sean

dr_sean

:)

#47     Dec 22, 2008
  8. ajr34

ajr34

LMAO!!

#48     Dec 22, 2008
  9. monty09

monty09

I interviewed here while I was working for a BB..... I was curious about what they were doing and my friend in Austin mentioned them in passing. So I applied and wanted to learn more.

I had a hour long interview in which I was asked why stocks about 10 times. I asked the lady why she kept asking me that question and she did not give me a very good answer. The interview was a waste of time and HR did not have a clue what she was talking about. I did ask some higher level questions which she could not reply. She then asked me to be in Austin the following week which I declined. She called a few times but I did not call back.

I know for some people this type of office is great and sure people here do very well. It was just not for me.

I think a large part of development is knowing what you like but also knowing what you dont. This was a side of the biz I did not want.

#49     Jan 3, 2009