Kerry wins Iowa, how will market react

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Winston, Jan 19, 2004.

1. O'Neil's book opened some eyes for people. I think a Democratic Hawk that espouses a tight pursestring could win.

I'm Republican/Independent, but Bush is fiscally irresponsible. And we can't deny he is unnecessarily arrogant - just not diplomatic enough. Clark would make a good leader, Edwards is fresh and interesting, Kerry an unknown (to me)... Dean is scary.

Quite unfortunate Colin Powell can't find his way into the race this year.

#11     Jan 20, 2004
  2. cdbern

cdbern

#12     Jan 20, 2004
    #13     Jan 20, 2004
  4. Colin Powell was born in Jamaica.

#14     Jan 20, 2004
  5. cdbern

cdbern

:) Trust me, the Bronx is not part of the US. My hubby was born there and so that's the only explanation I can come up with.

:) sorry I was thinking powell was not a US citizen, I stand corrected.

#15     Jan 20, 2004
  6. cdbern

cdbern

No actually he was born in NY

#16     Jan 20, 2004
  7. HighBid3

HighBid3

Personally I think Dean is a moron. If he becomes president we will have Osam and Sadam over at the white house for supper. Democrats are weak and they do not believe in war. If a democrat gets into office the terror attacks will start again.

#17     Jan 20, 2004
  8. jem

jem

jamaica is in queens not the bronx. (just killing time with my stop in.)

#18     Jan 20, 2004
  9. You're right. It was his parents who were immigrants from Jamaica. My mistake.

#19     Jan 20, 2004
  10. Andre

Andre

Isn't it Jamaica Plains? Anyway...

I think the market will move upward. Dean was pretty far to the left. The market doesn't respond well to extremists in either direction. Despite everything, businesses and the average joe blow look for moderation.

Yup. I wouldn't call Bush extreme right. But he is in another field on some issues.

who else would you trust in a wartime era instead of Bush.

Kerry picked Clark as a running mate? Hmmm. Don't know that I'm all that impressed with Clark. We are in a wartime era, however, and many voters don't trust Bush. Cripes, I don't trust him. He's never come clean on Iraq. He's got the Pete Rose syndrome. A year a ago, if he had come clean with us, he could have become entrenched, similar to how Kennedy did when he admitted his failure in the Bay of Pigs fiasco.... that human failing actually made him more popular. Bush has lost that chance... and I think he's vulnerable. If... If the democrats can pick someone other than a Mondale or McGovern clone (ie: Dean).

How will the market react? Who knows? Markets seem to like stability. That would indicate Bush staying in power a plus. But markets also like competition... a solid competitor (Kerry) over an ideologue (Dean)...? Well, I'm hopeful that he can emerge as a legitimate candidate.

#20     Jan 20, 2004