Kerry Promises to Create 10 Million Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by catmango, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes he did.

#11     Mar 26, 2004

2. "Independent people don't need the government" says he. So, if you are independent, you don't need, police, fire dept., military, public education, emergency services, forestry, national parks, garbage collection, traffic systems, highway and roads maintainenece, county clerks, the judiciary, no legislative bodies, no executive order, etc.

300,000,000 people can simply occupy a land and have no need for any organizing governmental bodies so long as they are independent.

So don't vote Maverick74. And don't support any person connected with government.

Why is it that your illogic (a euphemism) always emerges even though it is always pointed out to you?

#12     Mar 26, 2004
  3. Wow!

:p

#13     Mar 27, 2004
  4. This coming from the same guy that said Democrats "hate the rich".

You know Mav, it's a funny thing, but I really don't hear the word "hate" much except for when you describe Democrats. Or "liberals". Or how they think. Or how you think about them.

When I asked you how there could be so many rich people that I personally know who vote Democrat, you said that it was because South Florida (where I live) is "flooded with Jews", and Jews vote for Democrats. Even rich Jews.

(Boy, no one should ever label Maverick as a guy who likes to stereotype any group).

When it is convenient for you, you point out that Kerry and Kerry's wife are very rich and therefore out of touch with the regular people. But somehow this does not apply to the Bush family. Is it because if you wear a cowboy hat, you are a good ol' boy no matter how much money you have? (LBJ wore a cowboy hat, and was certainly more "liberal" than any President since...possibly any President ever...and, again, a very rich man).

The Kennedys are very rich. But they are new money compared to the Bush family. But which family is richer? And JFK did not take his salary for being President. He took on dollar a year. Will GWB do the same? Or does he need the money (like Nixon did)?

Clinton clearly could have made a LOT more money if he had not chosen politics as his life. And Clinton accomplished whatever he did on his own. No family money.

On the other side of the spectrum, GWB tried the private sector, and failed at virtually everything he touched (don't tell me about the Texas Rangers....anyone could have made money using taxpayer's money to build a stadium and then sell the team for a huge profit). Though most baseball men would not have traded Sammy Sosa away. Well, nobody's perfect.

Nixon made himself rich in politics (only professional politician I can think of who did). BTW, do you know how he got into politics? (a whole different discussion, but all in all about as disgusting a story as imaginable).

Roosevelt was rich. Lots of self loathing rich Democrats.

I was a small business owner. I have voted Democrat far more often than Republican. And you yourself have explained to me that I am an out and out "liberal" (despite what I think). Am I also self loathing? I also consider myself an "entrepreneur"...if that means a risk taker....as virtually all of us who trade are. And clearly there are some Democrats on ET. Are they all also self loathing?

Maverick.....really man, if you want to make yourself and your opinions taken seriously, you need to stop using the word "hate". It doesn't ever help make a case stronger. It shows you are completely emotional about the only issue you seem to care about. You have said that GWB is a GREAT President. Fine. Explain why. (Explain why without bringing Clinton into the explanation. Is that possible?).

Peace Mav, and really....chill out with the "hate" business.

:)RS

#14     Mar 27, 2004
  5. cdbern

cdbern

Don't forget his health care plan which an independent study shows will cost just under $900 Billion. To provide health care for the millions (including illegal aliens) who don't have it, maybe the Fed Gov will start hiring doctors and nurses. That'll create jobs. Wait, that'll increase the deficit. Oh well, just raise taxes on everyone making over $175,000. Or maybe on everyone making over $100,000. Or maybe on everyone making over $75,000.

For the last couple years the democrats have complained that our armed forces are too spread out. Hmmmmm, maybe they're planning to reintroduce the draft, that'll create "jobs". Oh wait, that'll increase the deficit. Oh well, just increase taxes on everyone making over $50,000 too.

Oh wait, I know, Kerry is going to talk his wife into closing down all 50+ facilities outside the U.S., move them to the good ole U.S.A. That'll create a few thousand jobs. Course the price of ketchup will go higher. Won't do any good to buy the house brand as its Heinz Ketchup under a different label and so that price will go up.

After everything is said and done, his promise is just hot air. Sounds good to fools who don't know any different.

#15     Mar 27, 2004