Kerry/McCain Vrs. Bush/Cheney???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Of course it is about ideology. And judgment. Kerry has a lifelong career of supporting nutcase leftwing causes. He lacks the courage of his convictions however, leading him to engage in all these ridiculous flip-flops. Now he's claiming he'll produce a "middle class tax cut." How dumb does he think voters are? I remember the last Democrat cnadidate who ran on that line, and he handed all of us a whopping tax INCREASE. Just like Kerry will.

#31     Mar 11, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

RS, my statement about you knowing everything had to do with your comment about me living in Chicago yet being in the WTC building 2 1/2 years ago. Like I was breaking the laws of physics or something by being in two different places over a 2 1/2 year period. You make all these assumptions about me of which none of them have been correct to this date.

As far as the FDR comment, I thought you said you liked him, why do you take it so negatively that I called him your hero. A lot of people like FDR. Certainly I could have given a worse example.

#32     Mar 11, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Kerry is lying through his teeth. Here is what he is going to do. He is going to cut payroll taxes by some marginal amount. He is going to raise federal income taxes across the board on every tax bracket. He is going to raise the taxes on dividends, raise the taxes on capital gains, raise the estate tax, raise taxes on utilities, raise taxes on small businesses.

He was in Chicago the last couple of days and he said he was going to raise taxes by 900 billion his first year in office!!!!!! Thats 900 billion folks coming out of your wallets. So sure some middle class families will see a small tax cut by maybe 300 to 500 dollars but the cable bill will go up, their electric bill will go up, gasoline tax will go up, their taxes on dividends and capital gains will go up, but the time they pay all these increases in other areas they will actually be paying more out of their pocket then before the tax cut. It's a joke. I can't wait for the debates where Kerry has to actually sell this to the American people. LMAO! I cannot wait.

#33     Mar 11, 2004
  4. Turok

Turok

Mav to RS
    >As far as the FDR comment, I thought you said you
    >liked him, why do you take it so negatively that I
    >called him your hero.

Perhaps it's because you are telling him who is hero is without asking him who is hero ACTUALLY is.

Just a way out there thought.

JB

#34     Mar 11, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Turok, if your going to jump in on this, get your facts straight. RS has said on other threads how much he liked FDR. Whether or not FDR is his hero or if RS has any heros only he can answer that.

#35     Mar 11, 2004
  6. Just wondering.......what is the drug policy of the the US Senate and Congress??? What % of them would fail a drug and alcohol test?????? 10%....15%????? You think these good ol boys are all clean and sober as they make important votes that can shape our very life????......but let's make sure that Giambi's on base % isn't inflated ,,,,,what a joke

#36     Mar 11, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Probably closer to 50%. I agree, the government should stay out of the drug business, however the sports leagues themselves should be regulating this. If I have to watch some skinny 170 lb 2nd baseman hit 48 home runs again, that's it, I'll never watch or support that sport again.

#37     Mar 11, 2004
  8. Turok

Turok

Mav:
    >Turok, if your going to jump in on this, get
    >your facts straight. RS has said on other
    >threads how much he liked FDR.

My fact are straight by your own admission. Even you say that RS didn't say FDR was his hero...only that he liked him. BIG difference.

Prove me wrong.

>Whether or not FDR is his hero or if RS has
    >any heros only he can answer that.

Exactly...take your own advice.

JB

Facts...LOL I can't wait to see more of those "sat photos" that look UP at mountains.

#38     Mar 11, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, get a life, it was a joke. Go back to your God thread.

#39     Mar 11, 2004
  10. You know Mav, it's actually pretty funny. This is a PERFECT example of how POOR a medium of communication the internet can be.

You assumed I was trying to say you were "breaking the laws of physics or something by being in two different places". The FACT is I was thinking what a weird coincidence that you happened to be visiting NYC on 9/11 and also happened to be in the WTC that morning. I did NOT by ANY MEANS AT ALL intentionally mean to give the impression that I thought you were not or could not have been in NY that day. I was TRULY GLAD that you said you had escaped the tragedy by leaving the building early.

So see how distorted things can get when you "speak" to someone you cannot see? When you cannot hear the tone or inflection of their voice? When you do not KNOW them? Here I was SINCERELY happy to know you were safe when it was a near miss, and you misconstrued my meaning entirely.

As you must have with FDR. I NEVER said he was my hero. I am not even sure I said I liked him. I know I did say he accomplished a lot and was very popular (and his detractors were very virulent).

I wasn't alive when he was President. I have heard both good and bad about him. I only argued Pabst's position that he was "the worst President ever".....based primarily on the fact he did accomplish a lot of things. Good and bad. And, I thought Pabsts' post of all the evil things FDR was accused of was a compilation of absurd extremist writings. As you apparently thought the post about the timeline of the morning of 9/11 I posted was (even thought the sources were all mainstream media, and the Whitehouse and GWB himself).

Now, why have you not apologized for calling the terrorists my "friends from the Middle East"? What did I ever say to deserve THAT??????

Peace,
    :)RS

#40     Mar 11, 2004