Kerry/McCain Vrs. Bush/Cheney???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Mar 10, 2004.

1. So, Shrub has neither.

I could have lived with McCain.

I cannot understand why Bush inspires loyalty. He is an unimpressive little man with a very limited intellect. Maybe one of our most unqualified presidents ever.

It gotta be about ideology.

m

#21     Mar 11, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

RS, I don't believe one word in that article. First of all, like I told you before, 90% of what you hear is false and 80% of what you read. I'm certainly not going to put any credibility into some article completely derived from copying and pasting from 80 different sources. Ever heard of data mining? Shit RS, I could put together an article that says Elvis Presley is my roommate and aliens landed in Chicago last night and George Bush is really a woman all using various sources and put it together in one article. So to answer your question, no, I'm sorry, you are going to have to do better then that.

And second, why exactly does this bother you so much? I mean seriously, in light of the events of November 23rd, 1963 when we lost an American President, why would you ever question the acts of our secret service as far as protecting the President of the United States while under attack. Why is this even an issue? You weren't there. You don't know what happened.

Here you go again man talking all tough about how Bush should have acted in a time of crisis. What about you big guy? I asked you this before but you never answered. What would you do? How long would it take for you to soil your pants huh? Seriously man, you always have all the answers, you love to play monday morning quarterback.

Sure it's fun to go back and relive certain events like the Kennedy assassination and figure out what we could have done differently, but you weren't there. You don't have the foggiest clue what goes on in these types of situations. I really can't for the life of me figure out what your point is with all this. I think you are forgetting that these terrorists were actually trying to assassinate our President. You do know that right? That plane that crashed at the Pentagon was headed for the White House. These friends of yours over in the middle east were actually trying to take the life of our Commander in Chief and you question the way our secret service and military goes about protecting him, are you out of your freaking mind?

Seriously RS, you are losing your mind. Listen buddy, take some time off and relax, you are really reaching here and whatever your selling, no one on ET is buying. I'm sorry.

#22     Mar 11, 2004

3. If you don't believe one word of that article, then I guess you don't believe one word of what the President said.

How am I talking tough? I am only questioning what happened.....how the President prioritized things when he had very hard decisions to make. Asking ME what I would do is pointless. I am NOT the President. I realize my limitations. I am NOT competent of being the "leader of the free world". I am the first to admit it. I wish GWB had made the same admission to himself.

MY FRIENDS IN THE MIDDLE EAST????? C'mon Mav, you are NOT getting a little carried away here? What kind of tactic is this? I thought you KNEW what my family is involved in. I take this as an insult. I thought I could hold you to higher standards. These fuckers have KILLED members of MY FAMILY! And you call them my friends?

Look, Mav, I will be happy to debate you or argue with you. As I have. I held you in respect. (except for my inability to comprehend how you could admire GWB, let alone call him a "Great President":)). But if you want to slander me, or insult me, then just say the word, and I will stop any future dialogue with you. Keep me posted.

Peace,
    :)RS

#23     Mar 11, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

RS, I question Bush as well. RS, the difference between me and you is you base all your beliefs and ideologies off the liberal media, I do not. I could give a shit about the Ann Coulters and the Rush Limbaughs of the world. My political views are mine and mine alone. I am not a puppet to anybody. Do I take Bush's account of what happened as fact? Of course not. Just like I don't believe that article. I don't make my decisions based off of the news or what some biased journalist reports.

I have no problem with how Bush handled himself on 9/11. And that is not based on Fox News reporting of the days events but rather what I experienced. You see, here is another difference between you and me. You got to monday morning quarterback 9/11 from sunny Palm Beach County. I was in the north tower 45 minutes before the fist plane hit. You follow? I was running down the street with a dust storm to my back as the first tower collapsed. What were you doing? Watching the morning news having a cup of coffee in Florida? So don't lecture me about what Bush did or did not do. I will tell you as a man that was THERE, that both Bush and Guliani where heros that day. And regardless of how dissatisfied I am of Bush's fiscal conservatism or lack there of, I will always hold that man highly of how he acted on 9/11.

I just hate when people who live in glass houses start throwing stones. You weren't there. You are not the President. You have no idea what a President should or should not do in that type of situation.

You want to talk about let downs? Why don't you talk some about how your hero FDR dropped the ball on Pearl Harbor, word has it that he knew the night before when the Japanese were moving their ships across the pacific. He knew Pearl Harbor was going to be attacked and he knew that would be the excuse he needed to get america into WWII. How about that for being presidential? Care to comment on that?

#24     Mar 11, 2004
  5. 1: Why do you assume I base my beliefs and ideologies "off the liberal media"? How many times have I told you that I virtually always vote a split ticket?

2: I am glad you got out of the tower. And yes, I was watching the whole thing unfold on TV in my office in Florida...on the only channel I could get ..CNBC. Which then switched to NBC. I stayed for a little over an hour, and then went home just in time to see the second tower come down. Maybe seeing it on television was more informative than being at ground zero. Maybe not. In any event, I am glad you were spared.

3: True, I have no idea what a President should do in a time of crisis. But I would venture to guess doing NOTHING is not one of the top choices.

4:"MY HERO FDR"? Is this like "my friends in the Middle East"? What are you talking about? Either discuss topics, or ask questions, or give YOUR opinions. However DON"T presume to know what I think. Why don't you ask me instead of telling me?

Peace,

#25     Mar 11, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

3: True, I have no idea what a President should do in a time of crisis. But I would venture to guess doing NOTHING is not one of the top choices.

There you go again RS. My God man, you would think after all this arguing you would stop doing that. This is my whole point. YOU DON't KNOW!

You do not know that he did nothing. In fact you do not know he did anything. Why is this so hard for you to digest? Nobody knows exactly what happened throughout the day of 9/11 which is why it's pointless to speculate. That is what is driving me crazy here. I am trying really really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt and figure out why you are even posting this.

That is like me pretending to know what Adolph Hitler and Eva Braun were discussing in the bunker before they both took their lives. I don't know! Who killed Jack Kennedy? I don't know! Why can't you just accept things for what they are. If you have first hand experience, then fine, speak up and base your judgements on that. But for God's sake RS, don't come on here and post an article and write it off as fact. Your better then that.

#26     Mar 11, 2004
  7. OK, fine. I see you did not read the article all the way through. Since much of the information was given by and through the Whitehouse. And while you were running down the street from the collapsing tower (even though you live in Chicago), I DID SEE LIVE what happened as it happened. The whole sequence made no sense.

BTW, it's not "Your better than that"...It is "You're better than that" :D

Don't let any of this "drive (you) crazy"..it's just an exercise of the mind. You take it all far too seriously. If Bush is re-elected, fine, the US will survive. If he's not re-elected, fine again, we will survive. That's the good thing about our system. It works very well. Or at least it has for over 200 years. We will see what happens next. (Not that I am happy about seeing the Constitution eroded...)

Peace,

#27     Mar 11, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, fine. I see you did not read the article all the way through. Since much of the information was given by and through the Whitehouse. And while you were running down the street from the collapsing tower (even though you live in Chicago), I DID SEE LIVE what happened as it happened. The whole sequence made no sense.

RS, will you please stop pretending to know everything. I lived in NY from March of 2000 to April of 2002. I have also lived in Florida, currently live in Chicago and born and raised in St. Louis ok?

Do me this one favor. From this point forward, for the rest of your life, just say to yourself, I will never know more then 1% of what there is to know about any given situation and I will never pretend to know more. I will be honest to myself and those around me and accept the fact that there are things in this world with even all the facts before me, I still will not be able to comprehend the true meaning of it all.

#28     Mar 11, 2004
  9. hah

#29     Mar 11, 2004
  10. OK, deal. Now in exchange will you do the same? Will you stop making statements such as "your friends in the Middle East"?
    "Your idol FDR"?

Or am I to live by different standards than you? If so, why?

But for the record, what make you think I pretend to know everything? Not agreeing with you does not make me "pretend to know" anything at all. Believing and knowing are two different things entirely. Yes, I don't know exactly what Bush did in the moments he found out about the Trade Center attacks. Nor do I know WHEN he found out. That is what I was QUESTIONING!!

Nor do I know who killed JFK. Although there are very logical assumptions that can be made.

Peace,

#30     Mar 11, 2004