Kerry/McCain Vrs. Bush/Cheney???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Have to agree, that would probably be a dream ticket. Wouldn't surprise me if down the line later this year Vice President Cheney has something like a "heart episode" and for the good of his health and his family reluctantly drops off the ticket. Then an invitation to Guliani would probably be irresistible to all concerned and unbeatable come November.

#11     Mar 10, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is the way I look at it. Guliani wants to be President. He has said this much. He knows he will have a shot in 2008. What better way to step into that position then to be the VP now because you know that if he just showed up in 2008, the left would attack him on lack of experience. He would also compliment the 9/11 theme that I know Bush and his people will be all over.

They don't need to make an excuse to the public about Cheney. He has served four years and has really done as much as he can do. He has health problems and I'm sure he would lose to spend more time with his family. It has been a very stressful 4 years for him. I know if I were him I would get as far away from Washington as I could.

#12     Mar 10, 2004
  3. Anyone see McCain take on Baseball and Don Fehr re: steroids????? What the Fuck is that all about????????? WHo gives a flying crap if they are doing roids???? am i the only one who thinks this is crazy???? What's next, an interrogation of Matt Kenseth's race team to make sure they are not using a special fuel mix to win????:confused: :confused:

#13     Mar 11, 2004
  4. Turok

Turok

>Anyone see McCain take on Baseball and Don
    >Fehr re: steroids?????

Oh, TM it must be stopped. If the line isn't drawn here it could expand into a national security issue. I mean, we could end up giving drugs to soldiers and pilots just to up their performance in battle.

JB

#14     Mar 11, 2004
  5. McCain as Dem VP? No chance, for the reasons he mentioned. McCain still hates Bush though and will no doubt try to provide cover for Kerry, as he did on POW sellout. He is a good example why sterling service in the military is no qualification for public office. Bravery and judgement do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Rudy G? Possible and intruiging but tricky. The main reason they ended up with Cheney is that he was acceptable to all factions of the party. Bush already has a problem with his base of the religious right and movement conservatives, and Rudy is not a big favorite of theirs. He's a northeastern liberal, pro-choice,etc. He would make it difficult to demonize Kerry as a Mass. liberal out of touch with the country, since he is closer to Kerry than Bush on most issues. Not saying it is impossible, but seems unlikely.

#15     Mar 11, 2004
  6. Because he is a yappy little Bush lapdog who is constantly running around barking at anything that might cast a scary shadow on his precious ideology. Hackles up, pretending like he might bite at ANY moment now. Look out!

:D

Get the picture?

m

#16     Mar 11, 2004

7. I wouldn't mind seeing him go after.....oh i don't know....school bus drivers and Pilots and train operators...but sammy sosa??? LOL...big grandstand

#17     Mar 11, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree, I don't think the government should be going after professional athletes on steroids but someone has to. I'm not sure who. You know I am really getting sick of professional sports. I use to love baseball and now I can't even watch it anymore. I never watch NBA. I still love pro and college football and college basketball. But every day the interest is waning.

I think steroids takes all credibility away from professional sports. I mean, I use to remember when I was a kid listening on the radio to Jack (the ripper) Clark step up to the plate in the bottom of the ninth for the Cardinals and listening to Jack Buck call the homerun over the left field wall. There was something special about that. Today however, these things no longer impress me.

Hell I expect pitchers to have 20 homer seasons now. I expect every player to look like Mark McGwire. Who cares if Barry Bonds hits 73 home runs. If I was on juice I probably could too. The oylmpics? Who cares. Who cares if some athlete sets a new record in the 400 yard dash. They are probably on juice.

And what's even worse is that the athletes who are not juicing who excel in their performance get completely ignored because we figure they are probably on juice when they are not. what a sad state of affairs. Sports is now almost completely unwatchable. How sad is that, with all the history and excitement.

And that's another thing, all those great names of the past have almost been completely forgotten because their names have been erased by someone 23 year old meathead right out of college. What a joke. We have replaced the Babe Ruths, the Hank Aarons, the Joe Dimaggio's with kids I can't even name.

Anyway I digress. Should the federal government be getting involved in this? No. But should somebody? Yes. If they don't, kiss professional sports goodbye.

#18     Mar 11, 2004
  9. Mav, please take a look at this and keep (try to keep) an open mind. Look at the sources. (Dubya himself being one of the sources). Really read it through.

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/main/essayaninterestingday.html

And yeah, Clinton was a despicable guy. But he worked hard. He even worked while getting those blow jobs. Was he an effective President? Hard to deny. (though I am sure you will).

#19     Mar 11, 2004
  10. Because he is a yappy little Bush lapdog who is constantly running around barking at anything that might cast a scary shadow on his precious ideology. Hackles up, pretending like he might bite at ANY moment now. Look out!

:D

Get the picture?

m

#20     Mar 11, 2004