Kerry Insults Troops.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Ahh ....see that's the paradox. It was never a winner (eventhough it may have appeared to be at one time) because as you well know it was all based on bullshit. When Bush did his photo op "mission accomplished," the REAL mission of installing a puppet, US-friendly, government in Iraq had not been accomplished.

And unbeknownst at that time to the Bush Admin it could never be accomplished because they had bought a line of bullshit from Ahmed Chalabi almost as big as the line of bullshit they sold to the American people, the U.S. Congress and the U.N.

#51     Oct 31, 2006
  2. I have been very critical of the way the administration is running things in Iraq and it just seems to keep getting worse. I do think it's fairly clear what we are attempting to do there now. Restore enough security that the Iraqi government can survive and the country not plunge into open civil war, become a failed state or be takenover by Iran or Syria. I don't agree with the way we're doing it, but given the current situation, I don't think the mission is irrational.

#52     Oct 31, 2006
  3. Artie21

Artie21

He's right. The army is populated mostly by those who have little opportunity in the private sphere.

Who can argue with that?

Not one of the leading members of the administration joined the army or submitted to the draft.

Kerry is right. What's wrong with some realism?

#53     Oct 31, 2006
  4. Artie21

Artie21

They are a minority, and is is understandable that a veteran gives credence to a current military operation. It reinforces that military chapter in thier life.

However, the majority of military Professionals, have nothing but scorn and contempt for the Bush administration's management of the war in Iraq.

#54     Oct 31, 2006
  5. 1) you're a joke. You're a walking talking miniature Hannity. Zero respect.

2)"not plunge into civil war?" This is exactly what I'm talking about.

What the fuxx do you think is going on over there? The Iraqi people are a) leaving their homes in droves, whether by cart, donkey or foot; it's a mass Diaspora b) they're self segregating into ethnic regions (Shia, Sunni and Kurd) just to be safe. c) those that can't leave because they are too old or too sick or too dumb are getting slaughtered at the current rate of about 1100 per month...over 13000 per year.

With a population of about 25mil...this would equate to about 160,000 people dead per year if we measured on a per capita basis to the Untied States. If 160,000 people were dying per year in a civil conflict in America even your obtuse ass would call it a civil war.

On any measure in any time frame this is a civil war. No Question asked. And there's not a got damn good thing we're doing about it.

3) "takeover by Iran or Syria."

Ugh! You're mentally deficient... that's the only explanation.

The Iranians (shia) and the Syrians (sunni) have already taken over. We handed Iraq to Iran on a silver platter. The Shia live in the Iraqi government...thank God for democracy. It's over. Now the Shia death squads and the Sunni militia are killing each at a most rapid rate.

The American military is by just simple dumb luck getting in the way of their civil war. At best we are only going out to Patrol to give the impression that something is being done. But we quickly retreat to fortified bases to save our own asses. The common refrain is fuxx the Iraqi's

Dude...flush out your headgear you are two years late and a dollar short. And lose the talking points....you look like a stooge when you relay words that aren't your own.

There's so much more...but I grow weary of dumbasses.

#55     Oct 31, 2006
  6. John Kerry is as stupid as a donkey and as rude as a egg influenced fart.

His face/skin/brain is dried up and his wife is a low class freak show.

And he crapped on the soldiers because they ended up in Iraq
    because they didn't have any education?

What a complete moron.

Then he is even dumber (Dumocrat) and denies what he said and
    then is dumb enough to bring up the Michael J Fox acting job.

How stupid can this moron get?

Can you imagine how pathetic the US would of been with him as President?...:eek:

How stupid do you have to be to even try to defend him?

I guess you have to be a moron just like him. Or worse, a retard.

#56     Nov 1, 2006
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Looks like the higher ups in the Democrat party have put a muzzle on this jerk.

Sen. John Kerry canceled campaign appearances with fellow Democrats today to return to Washington, saying he did not want his war of words with the White House to become a distraction in the final week before midterm elections.
    At issue are remarks the Massachusetts Democrat made on Monday before a college audience in California in which he said he was joking that if people don't study and work hard they could end up getting "stuck in Iraq." He said it was a "botched joke" that was referring to President Bush.

ON DEADLINE: Day 2 debate | More on the war of words

The White House quickly jumped on the remark, which they interpreted as Kerry saying that only uneducated people end up in military.

Bush, campaigning in Georgia Tuesday evening, said Kerry's statement was "insulting and it is shameful." Like Bush, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., called on Kerry to apologize.

An angry Kerry shot back at his critics, saying they were reading from the "GOP playbook" and distorting his words.

A Kerry spokeswoman, Amy Brundage, said later that the senator's prepared text had called for him to say: "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

This morning, Kerry said on the Don Imus radio program the notion that he was criticizing U.S. troops "was an insult" to the troops.

"This is a great volunteer army and a volunteer army means you have to be smart to get in it," he said.

The senator said Republicans have "taken those words ... and distorted them on purpose in order to distract America from their policies."

Kerry canceled campaign stops today in Iowa, Pennsylvania and Minnesota, saying "I don't want to be a distraction to these campaigns."

Republicans continued to press Kerry to apologize to U.S. troops.

McCain said today he wasn't sure "how you could construe" Kerry's comment as a joke. Calling Kerry "my friend," the Arizona Republican said, "I've found that if it is just a botched joke then apologize and move on."

"As it stands, he owes an apology to the men and women who are serving in Iraq out of patriotism and love of country, not because of any academic deficiencies," McCain said on ABC's Good Morning America.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said today it was Kerry, not the White House, who "whipped this up into a big issue."

"Sen. Kerry may have botched the line, but what he said was insulting to the troops, and what he ought to say is, 'Look, I botched the line, but I'm sorry for giving offense,' "Snow said on CBS's The Early Show.

Contributing: Douglas Stanglin in McLean, Va.; The Associated Press

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-11-01-kerry_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA

#57     Nov 1, 2006
  8. ...Which kind of proofs what Kerry allegedly said, of course.

Anyway, I only read his statement, not heard it, and I was thinking he took a shot at Bush. Now, in hindsight, I see how it could also be seen as an insult to the troops, but the ones interpretating it as such are the true insulters, no? Freudian thoughts coming out?

Ursa..

#58     Nov 1, 2006
  9. Bottom line is that he was warning young men and women not to be come pawns in Bush's war.

Look, if someone thinks the Iraq war is wrong, then it is patriotic to say so, and warn young Americans about the dangers of it...

There is glory for a soldier in defending their country, there is no glory in dying for a politician's elective war of choice...

#59     Nov 1, 2006
  10. Arnie

Arnie

So.......what he said really was about the troops and not a "botched joke" about Bush. :D

#60     Nov 1, 2006