Kerry Insults Troops.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Ok fine, for the sake for discussion let's assume I agree. (Of course I don't agree. the reason to go to Iraq was to remove Saddam and create a friendly state to buffer Syria and Iran. And to help protect Israel. The WMD's were just the convenient excuse that the Bush Admin thought they could scare people into war with. sell. Kinds bit us in the ass...didn't it.)

If the reason to go to Iraq was to remove Saddam and the WMD's Then my question is why are we still there? Saddam is in custody and the WMD's don't exist.

Furthermore the "democracy" that we're supposedly trying to create doesn't want us there. The Bush Administration's hand picked Iraqi Prime Minister is in open defiance of the U.S.

Now you can get all pissed off and start throwing around pejorative terms like a TV talkinghead twat but I'd really like to know what the supporters of this mess think we're realistically accomplishing there at his point.

BTW: I've never voted D in my life. Assumptions are rarely a good idea.

#41     Oct 31, 2006
  2. John Kerry's timing is impeccable LOL!

But... he is right. Generally, if you don't get your college degree, you're either going to end up in a shit job or in the military. And yeah, basically the grunts are cannon fodder for Republicans who secretly want others to fight their wars for them.

I love it when our idiot politicians let their private thoughts slip out, and I'm willing to bet that many people think of a soldier in Iraq and think better him than me.

#42     Oct 31, 2006
  3. Yep, Kerry was right. Politicians are supposed to be much more careful than this. He actually spoke the truth!

I just hope Americans catch on that we can't afford any more dumb Texans in office to get us into quagmires (think LBJ too).

#43     Oct 31, 2006
  4. I would agree, this is sort of a strange situation we are in. If we leave now the Iranian and Syrian militants will move in and take over the country. To say the average Iraqi doesn't want a Democracy is a mistake, the fact is they are playing both sides at this point. If they stand-up and speak out they will be the first ones killed and tortured if we cut-and -run. On the other hand if they lay low at the very worst they will live under another dictator. To be honest working for the new Iraqi Government is taking one hell of a chance, especially if we elect a bunch of Democrats.

#44     Oct 31, 2006
  5. Hey you are the one who got personal when you posted how intelligent you are, and how dumb everyone else is. I am just trying to validate your thesis.

#45     Oct 31, 2006

6. "Americans don't care that much about volunteers dying over there" You are an absolute moron, of course they do.

#46     Oct 31, 2006
  7. white17

white17

Re-instituting the draft would require action by Congress, not the president. There are a few bills introduced each year to do exactly that. All of them by Democrats. I believe Rangel or Conyers has pushed for it. The military doesn't want it, the country doesn't want it and the Congress doesn't want it.

Kerry's statement is just another example of his attacks on the serviceman just as he did in 1971. The charges he made then have been shown to be invalid. His law suits against the Swift Boat guys have been dropped and when countersuits were filed, some of the parties fled the country to.........Vietnam.

To say that he led his men in combat and kept them safe etc etc is a matter of dispute among the folks present at the time. As far as we know, the only death he saw up close was an unarmed teenager he shot in the back while the kid was trying to run away. If thats the type of commander he was/is, I'd want to be sure he was in front of me and not behind me.

I don't know of anyone else that took home movies of himself in Vietnam or put himself in for Purple Hearts.

I have no idea who, if anyone, his words will benefit. I just think he is a despicable person not qualified to criticize the boots on the ground.

#47     Oct 31, 2006
  8. Good post Doc. When Bush proclaimed "mission accomplished" the mission really was accomplished. Nothing like turning a winning trade into a huge loser......

#48     Oct 31, 2006
  9. I'm just tired of all the bushit.

#49     Oct 31, 2006
  10. Ok...so what? You really didn't answer anything. You gave me rundown of the current situation. I think I'm fairly well informed of the situation there...I know the current events.

My question was you as an apparent supporter of our continued involvement Iraq what exactly do you think we are accomplishing there right now?

I'm very curious about this I've asked many people this same question and NO ONE can give me a coherent answer. I'd really like to hear one.

#50     Oct 31, 2006