Kerry Insults Troops.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, Oct 31, 2006.

1. You are so correct Dr. Z like most liberals his hindsight was and still is very accurate. However in the real world.........

#31     Oct 31, 2006
  2. pattersb

pattersb Guest

Ahh, you're right. It was the 87 Billion to fund the war he voted for that he voted against before he voted for it !

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/29/politics/main646435.shtml

A man so thoughtful, should have initially voted against the war , instead of voting for it and immediately turning against it.

#32     Oct 31, 2006
  3. A better question would be, How do you ask a man to be the first to die in a place like Iraq? A war that bore stark similarities to Viet Nam. A war that a peace activist like Kerry should have condemned from the start.
    Sorry, but John boy stuck foot in mouth...again.

#33     Oct 31, 2006
  4. I'm really sure what that means.

He fought in Vietnam. He was in command of his crew and responsible for their lives in combat. He personally killed people...he saw the horrors of war and death at close range. That's pretty real world to me.

#34     Oct 31, 2006
  5. Well as I'm sure you remember this "war" morphed in mid-stream from going after the Taliban and UBL in the Ghanny into the contrived abortion of a mess that we have now in Iraq. The stated rational for which has changed like the seasons.

Hard to fault a decision made when being deceived.

#35     Oct 31, 2006
  6. I don't doubt you didn't understand what I was saying. It means what do we do now, any child can tell me Iraq and Vietnam didn't go as planned. That doesn't exactly make Kerry insightful does it.

Wars suck and things often don't go according to the model. I am really glad some of you guys were not calling the shots during WW II, if you had been the world would be a much worse place.

#36     Oct 31, 2006
  7. Kerry was speaking to young men and women not in the military....doh!

Suggesting that their lives better spent in education than in dying for Bush's bogus war...doh!

Those who got stuck in Bush's bogus war, because they were serving in the National Guard, because Bush lacked the balls to institute a draft (come on, if you believe in the cause, Y not a draft)...and they had no choice.

The kids Kerry talking to do have a choice, to get an education (ask 5 deferment Cheney about the value of education over military service) or go and die in a stupid war....

#37     Oct 31, 2006
  8. That is the biggest bunch of bu__sh__ posted here. They were two separate engagements both voted on by Congress. I love how you liberals come in here and throw around a bunch of lies, the reason for entering Iraq was to remove Saddam and the agreed upon WMD's. True the WMD's still have not been found, but he did gas both the Iranians and his his own people. I love arguing with people who don't base any decision on common sense.

#38     Oct 31, 2006
  9. Dude, first the war was wrong, now you want a draft, and everyone serving in the military is an idiot. We know one thing for sure if there were a draft you would be the first in line at the protest. We don't have a draft because the military doesn't want your fat lazy a-- slowing everyone else down.

#39     Oct 31, 2006
  10. I don't want a draft, and if you choose to attack me personally (I am attacking Bush and his stupid war, and those who are dumb enough to support his stupid war)...bring it on...

Panzy Bush was afraid of a draft, because he knew he would lose support if he did institute one. Americans don't care that much about volunteers dying over there, but drafted young men make a huge difference in the mind of most Americans...

Now that Bush is a lame duck, and after the election even more impotent and useless, he could well bring back a draft...

Many neocons, like Bill Kristol think Bush needs to get tough and talk of winning the war in Iraq, and the only way to even think of that is to put 500K or more troops on the ground and act like the Soviet Union...in either case, we would need a draft.

#40     Oct 31, 2006