Kerry Insults Troops.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Arnie

Arnie

2. October 31, 2006

Statement of John Kerry Responding to Republican Distortions, Pathetic Tony Snow Diversions and Distractions

Washington – Senator John Kerry issued the following statement in response to White House Press Secretary Tony Snow, assorted right wing nut-jobs, and right wing talk show hosts desperately distorting Kerry’s comments about President Bush to divert attention from their disastrous record:

“If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

I’m not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox’s Parkinson’s disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have.

The people who owe our troops an apology are George W. Bush and Dick Cheney who misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it. These Republicans are afraid to debate veterans who live and breathe the concerns of our troops, not the empty slogans of an Administration that sent our brave troops to war without body armor.

Bottom line, these Republicans want to debate straw men because they’re afraid to debate real men. And this time it won’t work because we’re going to stay in their face with the truth and deny them even a sliver of light for their distortions. No Democrat will be bullied by an administration that has a cut and run policy in Afghanistan and a stand still and lose strategy in Iraq.”

http://www.johnkerry.com/news/releases/release.html?id=33

3. Arnie

Arnie

There is no way you can view that video and come to any other conclusion than he said what he said. It's an insult to the troops and their families. Imagine having lost a son or daughter over there and then watching that video. I think this is going to backfire on the Dems big time.

4. Just like I said in another thread, the Republicans reserve "tolerance" to people who agree with them. Anyone dares to question Bush's policies are slapped with "unpatriotic" label.

Why does so-and-so hate America?

5. Our soldiers lives are lost in vain in Iraq, because of stupid Bush policies. The only way to fix that is to vote for people who do not rubber stamp Bush.

If the voters are stupid enough to buy the Republican distortions, then they (and we all) will get what they deserve - more Bush bad policies and more lives lost in Iraq.

6. In any event I am happy he didn't become president.

Just once I'd like to hear one politician stand before the masses and say, "I made a boneheaded statement on my own here." To come back and TRY to explain it as bad comedic license and timing is an insult in and of itself. The very thing he say's the president won't do, admit he's wrong, seems to escape his ability also. Sad! :)

7. Kerry botched a sentence, Bush botched a war (and Katrina and Afghanistan and borders and lots of other things). Congratulations, you certainly have your priorities straight.

8. Gee, wonder which is worse.

Being "insulted" by Kerry..as if..

Or dying in a war based on lies...

9. Kerry made a completely true statement and a really bonehead time to make it. Just another illustration of why he lost the election.

10. According to CNN exit polling (for what it's worth) Bush bested Kerry 57-41 among Vets in 2004. Another polls showed it 58/35.

Bush has scored dramatically higher ratings with Vets (though not with the Vets I know) than he has with the general populace.

Thus ex-military are as important a bloc to the GOP as are unionists to the Dems.

Libs love to recite the litany of current Republican's who've never served in the military. But neither have Reid, Pelosi, Clinton and Lieberman.

The bottom line is this. The overwhelming majority of past and present military endorse this administrations efforts in Iraq.

#10     Oct 31, 2006