Kerry Catastrophic $50k Health Plan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MRWSM, Mar 28, 2004.

1. MRWSM

MRWSM

I really hate to say it and feel disgusted at the thought, but this extreme conservative Republican likes Kerry's plan to provide catastrophic health care to all for procedures costing $50,000 and up. I can't see anyone abusing this plan. I don't think anyone would have open heart surgery just to get free health care.

I personally think it's the conservative thing to do. In my own case I would cancel my health insurance in a second because I'm not worried about small stuff under $50,000. Just think of all the money saved from insurance premiums, it would be like having a tax cut. Insurance premium's increasing faster than Buffets portfolio.

Well, even though I'm an extreme conservative and hate democrat views with a passion, just because of this one issue and only this one issue, Kerry has my vote.

Bush's plan to give $2000 to family's who pay their own insurance does not solve the problem. That $2000 will quickly be gone with insurance premiums increasing beyond it.

2. nitro

nitro

I like this idea very much, and at first glance, I do not see anyting wrong with it. But with two exceptions:

1) If the patient dies, the cost of the procedure ande all related medical expenses gets paid. But no insurance money can be collected on this policy. If you have seperate life insurance, that would be what you would collect on it.

2) I would like to see it lowered to $25K or even 10K, depending on how much you earned a year. So if you made >$250k a year, your coverage would start at $250k, and if you made $10K a year, your coverage would start at 10K.

nitro

3. On the surface, it appears to be a reasonable step in getting health care to everyone, but of course, it's the details that matter most.

Any guesses how much this will cost?

DS