Kerry a Republican in disguise??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by axeman, Mar 18, 2004.

1. God, what a lost cause. Dude, this may come as a surprise to you, but I don't care for your assessment of me. I bet nobody does. Yet you have wasted untold pages on here trying to sort out people's lives for them.

Me sharing something with Max in private is a little different than posting it on here for everyone, or don't you think so? Sorry buddy, you can't stop people talking about you "behind your back"; that activity is as old as the sun and will never cease. Try adapting to reality sometime, you really need to. In any case, you didn't tell me that piece of information, I figured it out for myself; as could have about 6 other people (and you know this is 100% true). The only thing I didn't do was post it on here (even though I was tempted to). If Max did it, take it up with him. And need I remind you that it was you who couldn't keep his fat trap shut and began calling me "Danny", remember? Gee, you don't think I would have liked a bit of "anonymity" myself? Or does that only apply to you? Time to get off that high horse and take a long look in the mirror.

And by my own words you know I'm not 'true to myself', do you? Lol. And that bit of pseudo-philosophy means what exactly? (Nothing! Just more RS babble!) And invoking "patriotism" in that context is absolutely laughable. Man, believe me I am laughing hard at the straws you're clutching at. Still, fyi, I am in my "own country" right now. The country I was born in (not Austrlia; "Patriotism" anyone?) And there's some half decent business opportunities here, so I'm strongly considering staying. Yup, I'm a real flake.

Well, enough of this mindless ping pong. You would do really well to observe the apt advice of keeping your mouth shut and letting people think you're a fool than speaking and proving it. But I'll leave it up to you.

#71     Mar 19, 2004
  2. So then, you would have no problem with a Islamic President of the United States of America promoting Government sponsored observance of Islam, the rules of the Koran posted in public office buildings, and having parties in offices on Islamic holy days.

#72     Mar 19, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I wouldn't have a problem with it provided he stated he would do that while he was running for election and the american people voted him in. Although something to keep in mind, our country was not founded on the principles of the Quran or Islamic teachings, our country was founded however on Judeo Christian values. So there is a difference.

#73     Mar 19, 2004
  4. Our country was founded on many things, among them were the principles and values of slavery, sexism, and killing native Americans because we wanted their land.

We have evolved since then, haven't we?

We shouldn't hang onto old ideas and values just because they are old and part of our history, should we?

Or should we dredge up Manifest Destiny and act on that too because our imperialistic and expansion in this country was founded and advanced on that principle?

Or should we all start whistling Dixie?

http://www.pbs.org/kera/usmexicanwar/dialogues/prelude/manifest/d2aeng.html

#74     Mar 19, 2004
  5. Whaaaat...!!! Me, a psycho?

Of course, this is the myth perpetuated by RS7 as a smoke screen to cover his being trapped by well, his big trap. It's a little tough trying to get out of the ridiculous braggadocio that one was on a secret map making mission in Asia for the US State Department. Oh, did I mention that RS7 claims that he was shot and captured too?

#75     Mar 19, 2004
  6. "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!"
    -- Patrick Henry

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."
    -- George Washington

"Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise. In this sense and to this extent, our civilizations and our institutions are emphatically Christian."
    -- Holy Trinity v. U. S. (Supreme Court case)

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves ... according to the Ten Commandments of God."
    -- James Madison

"Whosoever shall introduce into the public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

"The principles of all genuine liberty, and of wise laws and administrations are to be drown from the Bible and sustained by its authority. The man therefore who weakens or destroys the divine authority of that book may be assessory to all the public disorders which society is doomed to suffer."
    -- Noah Webster

"There are two powers only which are sufficient to control men, and secure the rights of individuals and a peaceable administration; these are the combined force of religion and law, and the force or fear of the bayonet."
    -- Noah Webster

"The only assurance of our nation's safety is to lay our foundation in morality and religion."
    -- Abraham Lincoln

"I have always said and always will say that the studious perusal of the Sacred Volume will make us better citizens."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

peace

axeman

#76     Mar 19, 2004
  7. All the quotes in my previous post are BOGUS and
    written by christian revisionists!
    :D

America founded on christian principles?

If this were true, the christians would not need to fabricate such lies.

Anyone who believes this, has not studied their history
    or their founders.

peace

axeman

#77     Mar 19, 2004
  8. Pabst

Pabst

The phrase "separation of church and state" was coined from a passage in a short response by Thomas Jefferson to a letter from the Danbury Baptist Association, after he had just won the Presidency..

Gentlemen:

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which are so good to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist Association, give me the highest satisfaction. My duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, and in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God; that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship; that the legislative powers of the government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should `make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore man to all of his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties. I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessings of the common Father and Creator of man, and tender you and your religious association, assurances of my high respect and esteem.

Thomas Jefferson

#78     Mar 19, 2004
  9. Pabst

Pabst

"We have solved, by fair experiment, the great and interesting question whether freedom of religion is compatible with order in government and obedience to the laws. And we have experienced the quiet as well as the comfort which results from leaving every one to profess freely and openly those principles of religion which are the inductions of his own reason and the serious convictions of his own inquiries." --Thomas Jefferson: Reply to Virginia Baptists, 1808. ME 16:320
    "The constitutional freedom of religion [is] the most inalienable and sacred of all human rights." --Thomas Jefferson: Virginia Board of Visitors Minutes, 1819. ME 19:416

"Among the most inestimable of our blessings, also, is that... of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; a liberty deemed in other countries incompatible with good government and yet proved by our experience to be its best support." --Thomas Jefferson: Reply to John Thomas et al., 1807. ME 16:291

"In our early struggles for liberty, religious freedom could not fail to become a primary object." --Thomas Jefferson to Baltimore Baptists, 1808. ME 16:317

"Religion, as well as reason, confirms the soundness of those principles on which our government has been founded and its rights asserted." --Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815. ME 14:283

"One of the amendments to the Constitution... expressly declares that 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press,' thereby guarding in the same sentence and under the same words, the freedom of religion, of speech, and of the press; insomuch that whatever violates either throws down the sanctuary which covers the others." --Thomas Jefferson: Draft Kentucky Resolutions, 1798. ME 17:382

"The rights [to religious freedom] are of the natural rights of mankind, and... if any act shall be... passed to repeal [an act granting those rights] or to narrow its operation, such act will be an infringement of natural right." --Thomas Jefferson: Statute for Religious Freedom, 1779. (*) ME 2:303, Papers 2:546

#79     Mar 19, 2004