Kerry a Republican in disguise??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by axeman, Mar 18, 2004.

1. I attack Coulter for her use of religion in her comments and the bias on that basis.

What is Krugman being attacked for?

His use of common sense?

#51     Mar 19, 2004
  2. What "state" religion? There's none in this country. Worldwide, in case you haven't noticed, the only one recently in the news is Islam.

#52     Mar 19, 2004
  3. Is the God of "In God We Trust" the Sun God of the Egyptians?

Is it Allah?

Is it Zeus?

Or is it the God of the born again right wing fundamentalist Christians?

#53     Mar 19, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

HAHAHAHA! You are not serious are you? Paul Krugman is the biggest freaking joke on the left. Here is a guy that once was a career economist that no one listened to and that hurt his ego. So he aligned himself with the left to become a front man for liberal economic policies and now he is the darling of the party and the joke of the business world. This guy is the epitome of a party hack. Let's put it this way, I have more respect for what Howard Dean has to say then Krugman and I hate Dean. LOL. ART, you really are disappointing me. If you think Krugman is logical and independent and not a hack for the left, you just lost a lot of credibility on ET. What a shame.

#54     Mar 19, 2004
  5. Thats easy to explain.... after I have made a rock solid case,
    and have shattered ARTs silly arguments, he just sits there
    like a broken record and asserts the SAME OLD CRAP, over and
    over and over, no matter how many times we pick it to pieces.

Further, ART is well known for his ad hominem attacks,
    poisoning the well fallacies, and strawman.

You reach a point, where all you can do is take shots at him
    because REASON obviously does not get through to him.
    He is as brain dead as frog shit when it comes to theism :D

To be fair, you better call him out on his ad hominems too.
    I typically only use Ad Hominems against people who use
    them first against me. ART fits the bill.
    You can only blame me for lowering myself to his level :D

peace

axeman

#55     Mar 19, 2004
  6. There were "right wing fundamentalist Christians" in the 1600's? Interesting.

Obviously, the correct answer is b. Allah. That Supreme Being the one in the same as the "God" described in the motto "In God We Trust."

#56     Mar 19, 2004
  7. Axe,

Good answer. I retract what I said. You happen to be right about this. I knew it when I wrote it, but still, I guess I just expected more from you.

I would not say however that ART is devoid of reasoning out some good logical posts. The fact that you do not agree with his reasoning lessens his efforts in no way. Repetitive? Yes. But like the personal attacks, that too evens out (useless, but understandable.....we all have our levels of frustration...not to mention boredom...the great reason for logging onto ET during trading hours.).

I will say this about ART. And you too. You find a subject to disagree on, and you stay with it. You may go off on tangents, but there is a theme, a degree of correlation. An example of something other than this would be in this very thread, where Max401 was compelled to bring Kennedy into the discussion via Vietnam:confused: Obviously like Anne Coulter KNOWS what works best for everyone, Max401 KNOWS how Vietnam would have played out if he were alive another 9 months (for starters). This does have it's upside. Now we too can know these things, because Max and Anne tell us. (And Max gets to make Kennedy a personal issue for me, which is what his comment was really about ...too obviously).

Peace,
    :)RS

#57     Mar 19, 2004
  8. ART,

Religious freedom and being guided by one's faith are not mutually exclusive. Liberals are being typically disingenuous when they object to Christians taking faith-centered positions. I have yet to see a liberal object to someone with a clerical collar pushing liberal positions. It's only a problem when conservatives do it.

#58     Mar 19, 2004
  9. Notice I did say:

"He is as brain dead as frog shit when it comes to theism "

I dont think ART is braindead in everything :D

Ive come across plenty of intelligent people who "suddenly" lose
    all reason when you start discussing religion.
    Like some short circuit in their processor when the word god is mentioned :D

peace

axeman

#59     Mar 19, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

#60     Mar 19, 2004