Kerry a Republican in disguise??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by axeman, Mar 18, 2004.

1. RS,

I think what upsets us is that Kerry has never worked a day in his life in a real job. He married one rich woman, dumped her, married another and lives off the enormous fortune she inherited when her first husband died. Yet his number one priority is to raise taxes on those Americans who are creating jobs and wealth. It is offensive and hypocritical, but then, that description fits most of this opportunist's career.

#11     Mar 18, 2004
  2. Ummmm RS,

From JohnKerry.com:

"John Kerry has the courage to roll back Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans so we can invest in education and healthcare."

Of course by "wealthiest Americans", he REALLY means taxpayers. :D
    So yes....he blatantly admits he will RAISE TAXES! Bastard!

peace

axeman

#12     Mar 18, 2004
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Money has not been a historical prerequisite for being elected. Only JFK can attribute his win to family finances. Truman, Ike, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, and Clinton were relatively low net worth guys. In fact Truman was flat broke before being elected to the Senate and came out of the White House with so little money that paying his moving expenses back to Independence was daunting. He's the reason for the Presidential pension. Back in 1952 no one was getting 13 mil for a memoir.

Kerry is seemingly disingenuous for the important fact that not only does he apparently seek out wealthy women, but also enjoys the trappings.

Rumors of Kerry's infidelities are more disturbing to me than Clinton's. Nobody would marry Theresa Heinz except for her piece of the estate left by the late Sen. John Heinz. She's a dog with a personality to match. Kerry digs doing the young stuff on the side because he's a cat who wants his cake and to eat it too. After all no Sun Valley with that 20 something AP chick.

Guy's like Kerry, Kennedy, Jesse "King of Beers" Jackson, so clearly typify the self serving, hypocritical elitism of the Democratic party that my prior feelings remain: Show me a liberal Democrat and I'll show you a no good Communist cock sucker.

#13     Mar 18, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

First off, what makes you believe that Kerry would "tax us"? I know this is what the Bush campaign is saying (900 Billion...can't miss those TV commercials). But did Kerry say this?

You must not be listening to his speeches. Yes, he did say he was going to raise taxes. The republicans did the math and it came out to 900 billion but lets just say thats not the right number. What I have heard come out of Kerry's mouth is he is going to repeal the Bush tax cuts on those crazy rich people making over 200k a year. I think you and I both know 200k ain't much in NY, CA, and south Florida. He also said he is going to raise taxes on dividends and on capital gains. Now, I'm sure that there will be plenty more taxes raised, smaller taxes, but still, it all adds up.

Bush cut taxes for who? Who did it help? Who will it help? Do you believe in "trickle down economics"? George Bush Sr. called it "voodoo economics". What really works?

Bush cuts taxes across the board. That means every federal income tax bracket saw a drop in rates. Bush also cut taxes on dividends and on capital gains. He also got rid of the tax on married people and created a child tax credit. So who does this help? Well......everybody of course. That was an easy answer.

You say Bush is a "conservative". From where I am standing, I don't see him as having any political convictions at all. What makes him a conservative? Is he fiscally conservative? No. He ran as a "compassionate conservative". What has he done that has demonstrated that he is that (whatever a "compassionate conservative" is).

Political convictions? OK, let's see here........he cut taxes across the board, like he said he would. He vowed to protect this country at all costs......he did. He brought integrity back to the White house after that child molester left. In fact, I'll make a list in the next post of some of the things Georgie has done. It's too long to list here.

But Kerry being rich is a non factor in this or any other Presidential election. Poor people can't run for President.

Yes it is a factor because according to the left, rich people are evil. Kerry walks around talking about all these problems in this country, well, he could solve them right now. Why run for President? He's got the money to do it. I just don't get it. And no RS, you don't need to be a millionaire to run for President, you obviously don't remember Harry Truman.

#14     Mar 18, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK here you go. Let's start listing Bush's accomplishments.

Let's start with the economy shall we?

1.Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.

2. Supports permanent elimination of the death tax.

3. Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks.

4. Is seeking legislation to amend the Constitution to give the president line-item veto authority.

5. In process of permanently eliminating IRS marriage penalty.

6. Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people.

7. Initiated discussion on privatizing Social Security and individual investment accounts.

8. Killed Clinton's "ergonomic" rules that OSHA was about to implement; rules would have shut down every home business in America.

9. Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals.

10. Reduced taxes on dividends and capital gains.

11. Signed trade promotion authority.

12. Reduced and is working to ultimately eliminate the estate tax for family farms and ranches.

13. Fight Europe's ban on importing biotech crops from the United States.

14. Exempt food from unilateral trade sanctions and embargoes.

15. Provided $20 million to states to help people with disabilities work from home.

16. Created a fund to encourage technologies that help the disabled.

17. Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child.

18. Make permanent the $5,000 adoption tax credit and provide $1 billion over five years to increase the credit to $10,000.

19. Grant a complete tax exemption for prepaid or college tuition savings plans.

20. Reduced H1B visas from a high of 195,000 per year to 66,000 per year.

LOL, this is just the economy. I figure we'll start with these. Tell me how you like these apples sir.

#15     Mar 18, 2004
  6. Can't argue with well thought out and dispassionate objectivity like that.

So I won't.

God Bless America. We need all the help we can get with thinking like Pabst's.

(Relatively recent) Famous Communists that come to mind:
    John F. Kennedy
    Robert F. Kennedy
    Lyndon Baines Johnson
    Jimmy Carter
    Bill Clinton
    Martin Luther King
    (even Eisenhower by your standards)

All these guys had Lenin, Marx, Stalin, Khruschchev, and Mao posters on their office walls. :confused:

Peace,
    :)RS

#16     Mar 18, 2004
  7. This is one of the greatest "spin" posts of all times. Congratulations Mav.

Anything good attribute to Bush. Anything bad attribut to Clinton.

WHEN IS CLINTON GOING TO STOP BEING THE REPUBLICAN'S POINT OF FOCUS? THE GUY IS OUT OF THE PICTURE!!!!!!!

Peace,
    :)RS

#17     Mar 18, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Forget about Clinton, respond to Bush's accomplishments. Or is your argument gone now? Funny how that happens huh.

And you said you were going to give me some answers in your previous post after you asked me some questions. Well, where are those answers, I'm waiting..........tick....tock....tick......tock.

#18     Mar 18, 2004
  9. Truman yes. CARTER? Please!!! Reagan? How much money could Clinton have made if that were his focus rather than politics? Ike was too busy being a soldier to make real money. But he was a "liberal". So that would be expected.

These guys must have been "low net worth guys" by your standards. What about everyone else's standards?

Peace,
    RS

#19     Mar 18, 2004
  10. Start with Bush.

Take away terrorism.

Take away the Clinton comparison game.....he ain't in the race.

What do you have left?

A short Texan suffering from diminished capacity from years of alcohol and cocaine abuse, a messed up economy, and a world who distrusts the US especially some of our best historical allies.

Bush may be doing the best he can, but his best is not good enough. People all the time get fired who mean well, who try hard, but the bottom line is Bush can't even get the economic numbers up in an election year. His economy is Hooveresque...and after getting close to 4 years, it is fully his economy. The buck doesn't stop at Kerry's desk, nor Clinton's desk, but right at GW's desk.

Hey, let's do this:

Let's cut taxes, lower interest rates, and export jobs overseas to save money.

Whoops, already doing that.

Hmmm.

Four more years of Bush....brrrrrrrrrrr.

#20     Mar 18, 2004