Kerkorian Selling Another 14M GM Shares

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Nov 30, 2006.

1. I thought he had started buying at/near the end of 05 when it was below $20...?

...Maybe that was just me...

#11     Nov 30, 2006
  2. Said in the chat room that I got caught long.

Don't know what I was thinking. That is a perfect illustration of the idiot that was me today. Bought 10K at those 40s and sent market.....got 25s. Absolutely brialliant on my part. DOH.

#12     Nov 30, 2006
  3. What's pathetic about it? SOP in the markets, isn't it? If you know what's going on, you can trade with the information and make some money, right?

'Larry Livingstone' talks about this process in Reminiscences.

#13     Nov 30, 2006
  4. He also shot himself in the head with a .32 Colt... :(

...Just throwin it out there...

#14     Dec 1, 2006
  5. Not sure how that relates to his knowledge about the process of creating a market for a stock, but okay...

#15     Dec 1, 2006
  6. It doesn't.

But he did make 100 million dollars after the 1929 crash...

...Does that one fit better...?

...and then he lost it all.

...ouch...

I'm just being a pain in the ass. Ignore me... :p

#16     Dec 1, 2006
  7. Why can't Kerkorian make up his mind? He has flipped GM twice in the past year.

#17     Dec 1, 2006
  8. Ummm... you may want to consider the posssibility that he knows how to make huge amounts of cash and is simply engaged in the process of doing just that. We have no way of knowing what Kerkorian's entire landscape looks like. What appears to you to be one thing may be the exact opposite in his world. You have no way of knowing how he hedges his positions, and neither do the IRS.

Kind of odd to me that people are puzzled by his moves...

#18     Dec 1, 2006
  9. +1

Kirk underestimated Detroit! I don't think this will be the last attempt though.

Akuma

#19     Dec 1, 2006