kentucky is broke and they give 43mil in subsidies to build noahs ark

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 20, 2011.

1. TGregg

TGregg

That was a point of our Constitution. States were "laboratories of Democracy" - they could experiment with different ideas. If it failed (as most will), people were free to move out until that state fixed it's FU. If something was a blazing success, it could be replicated. Not by the federal government (as big government twits immediately presume), but by other states as each independently decided it was a good idea - even tweaking the idea as required to improve the plan or custom fit it. A weak central government with individual states and local governments doing the "heavy lifting" allowed free market principles to create efficient government. Or make it more efficient, anyway.

It is interesting how liberals are always arrayed against Big Oil, Big Tobacco, Big Microsoft, Big Pharma, Big McDonald's, Big WalMart, etc. but absolutely and unconditionally love the biggest monopoly that has ever existed on the face of the Earth. One that keeps on getting bigger. One that kills people right and left, steals from everyone - even the unborn - and has defined new levels of cronyism and corruption. There's no monopoly so just plain bad as Big Government, yet the left just adores it.

#21     May 21, 2011
  2. Lornz

Lornz

Haha, brilliant!

#22     May 21, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well said.

#23     May 21, 2011
  4. jem

jem

Note... an atheist gets called out for making up slurs about the Christian faith... instead of responding with facts, one of the resident rabid atheist christian bashers pulls the equivalent of the race card. nice routine.

#24     May 23, 2011
  5. The race card?? He was just pointing out the hypocrisy of religious people.

#25     May 23, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Actually, it is the lack of morality usually associated with a lack of belief in God (throughout the government and wall street) that is responsible for the mess we're in right now.

#26     May 23, 2011
  7. stu

stu

Considering the majority of the population is supposed to have a Christian belief in God, that really doesn't wash.

#27     May 23, 2011
  8. ===========
    Good points Free-T & P-T:D

I heard that[Noah's Ark Tax break deal] on Christian radio also[I live in Tenn]
    Actually some of the Chinese Commie party is infiltrated by Christians.:D

But even those that dont name the name above all names;
    the Chinese gov paid a Christian Private School administrator's air fare, wanting to document how he achieved excellance in Christian ed.
    Spell checker not used.

Murray T T

#28     May 23, 2011
  9. jem

jem

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of atheists. No doubt religious people are hypocrits... so I like to deal in facts when we are deal with facts and opinions when we are deal with opinions.

But when an christian basher makes an unsubstantiated on the internet... I sometimes choose not to turn the other cheek.

Does that make me a bad christian? how the heck would an atheist know, why the hell should they care?

finally wouldn't that be between (my) God and me.

#29     May 23, 2011
  10. What, like when the Catholic's exterminated the Cathars, any other sect around, and declared war on pretty much the rest of the planet via the Spanish and Portuguese navies?

Well you have a point, the Papacy was VERY rich at the time. Not sure how the average serf felt about it though.

#30     May 24, 2011