kentucky is broke and they give 43mil in subsidies to build noahs ark

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 20, 2011.

1. i dont think believers are retarded. they are willfully deluded. i have only used the word retarded once that i can remember in this thread about piel. with him its open to debate.

#11     May 20, 2011
  2. Not really. You're just being polite.

#12     May 20, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

"kentucky is broke and they give 43mil in subsidies to build noahs ark"

Our federal government is broke too and look at the stupid shit they're still throwing billions at.

The nice thing about our freedom is that if you don't like what a particular state is doing you can move to another state. Of course if you don't like what your federal government is doing its a little more complicated moving to another country.

(and NO I don't think spending on theme park of any kind is wise if you're broke)

#13     May 20, 2011
  4. jem

jem

by the way it the post stated these are tax incentives.
    Without reading the article do you all understand?

The govt is not paying for it.
    Most likely they are providing incentives to create jobs.

#14     May 20, 2011
  5. "The controversial park will include a full-scale replica of Noah’s Ark and models of dinosaurs, which Hamm insists were carried on the famous biblical boat."

Christians are now using The Flintstones as a historical reference.

Christianity is the leading cause of poverty in america.

#15     May 20, 2011
  6. ALL religious organizations are subsidized by the government. They're tax exempt entities. And individuals get tax breaks by contributing to them.

The $40M in tax breaks you refer to is nothing compared to the BILLIONS of dollars in tax breaks that all religious organizations and their contributors get every year.

#16     May 20, 2011
  7. jem

jem

Christianity causing poverty? you pinkos are not afraid to tell the big lie are you?

#17     May 20, 2011
  8. catholics cause misery and poverty through their birth control bans.

#18     May 20, 2011
  9. stu

stu

[​IMG]

#19     May 20, 2011
  10. Thanks. That's a keeper.

#20     May 21, 2011