Ken Lay, DEAD.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Rearden Metal, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Has Generalissimo Bush made a statement on the passing of his good friend?

#51     Jul 5, 2006
  2. Wee Man strikes me as the kind of guy who trades for the masculine image and blows his account when he loses his temper.

I can understand people being polite in the face of death, but there has to be psychological issues at work for someone to defend systematic and criminal fraud that passes itself off under the cloak of good business. They spat in the face of the principles that made this country so effective and powerful.

#52     Jul 5, 2006
  3. Is Ken Lay himself that important that his death could be the scam of the century? All the damage has been done, whether Lay went to jail or not is meaningless at this point and so is his death.

#53     Jul 5, 2006
  4. When I read the news earlier, that was the first thing that popped into my head too.

#54     Jul 5, 2006
  5. If I follow what you are saying I think this is incorrect. The purpose of putting Ken Lay in jail is to deter others in the future.

Also, his death robs his victims of the satisfaction that he is personally paying the price for his actions.

If one of the President's best friends spends the rest of his life in the clink that is a sign the system is working -- as opposed to Scooter being given a pardon sometime in the near future for example.

Just my $.02.

#55     Jul 5, 2006
  6. Just out of curiosity how will his death assist his estate planning?

#56     Jul 5, 2006
  7. If what happened to Skilling and Ken Lay up to now is not a deterrent for future CEOs, then physically putting him in jail would still not change anything.

The company was destroyed as well as an accounting firm. Why would putting this guy now in jail all of a sudden be a deterrant if everything else wasn't? :D So I doubt him dying now really changes anything.

#57     Jul 5, 2006
  8. Conspiracy theory would say old Ken is soaking up the sun in Brazil. If so....he beat the dealer. More likely, stress killed him. He didn't look like he'd fair too well in the joint.

#58     Jul 5, 2006
  9. Because in the end the perp didn't walk -- as the Health South guy {Scrushy?} did.

#59     Jul 5, 2006
  10. Drew07

Drew07

When I heard the news I automatically thought suicide. Is it so far fetched to believe that it wasn't really a heart attack??

#60     Jul 5, 2006