Ken Fisher: Be bullish and watch the bears impale themselves

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Persdawg

Persdawg

Ken is in the top 250 richest Americans.

How much of that he earned....I don't know.

#12     Jul 19, 2007
  2. Um, his father was PHIL Fisher, author of COMMON STOCKS, UNCOMMON PROFITS, an investment classic that is still in print decades after it was first published.

Irving Fisher was a professor--someone else entirely.

Fisher (that would be Kenneth) has been bearish on occasion, a fact that is borne out in his FORBES columns. His timing has actually pretty good, at least in comparison to that of the permabears. I don't always agree with him, but his point about spreads sounds pretty cogent to me.

#13     Jul 19, 2007
  3. Biog

Biog

Practically all of it.

#14     Jul 20, 2007
  4. Fisher is worth approximately $1.3 Billion, making him the #297 richest American. He manages $32 Billion. Currently owns $70 million in California real estate. Sounds like he's doing something right huh?

OldTrader

#15     Jul 20, 2007
  5. haha good point Ken..

#16     Jul 20, 2007
  6. Note to the bears: It's easy to talk gloom and doom 24/7, but it's not as easy to actually put your money where your mouth is and make money with your bearish drivel.

#17     Sep 18, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

and we just had a 50 bp rate cut, earnings aren't floating up there all by themselves, looser purse strings is good for corporate earnings.. Greenweenie is not here anymore screwing things up for the Bush Admin.

#18     Sep 18, 2007
  8. nonam

nonam

Bob Brinker said some weeks ago the markets are going up into 2008.IMO his track record is pretty good.

#19     Sep 18, 2007
  9. Then I'd wish he 'd stop maililng me his crap. Besides. He's cosmetically challenged. Why can't Heidi Klum put me on her mailing list?

#20     Sep 18, 2007