Ken Calhoun's Trading Room

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bull Hansen, Aug 31, 2001.

1. NickLeeson

NickLeeson Guest

oh yeah? GREAT TRADE MANAGEMENT

That's probably the reason why he's selling BS for Chicken S*** to newbies as opposed to earning some real money like real big swinging traders by starting a fund etc.

#31     Sep 7, 2001
  2. watcher

watcher

#32     Sep 7, 2001
  3. #33     Sep 7, 2001
  4. Turok

Turok

>if your looking for a good room try
    >WWW.stockcamlive.com
    >great calls & good people

I was there for a few months a few months ago. Very nice people indeed, but the calls were money losers on average. The guy who was making the calls was posting his actual trades for viewing (gotta hand it to their honesty in this regard) along with account balance and his account lost substantially while I was there. Now, anyone is going to get drawdowns, but several of his losers he let run and run and run with no discussion of a stop (we're talking BIG losers) until he eventually bailed.

I wasn't impressed with the trading strategy or money managment.

Your results may vary

JB

#34     Sep 7, 2001
  5. watcher

watcher

shortnfool-- I would like to be up front with you. My name is Craig DeBellis and I am the Sales & Marketing Mng. at RML Trading. The StockCam is a realtime furtual trading room we offer free to all are clients. If you would like to know more about it there is a free 5-day trail we offer so you can test it out. I am not trying to hype the site just thought it would be a alternative to people who were not happy with Ken's site.

Turok-- you are right there have been some big losses as well as big gains by are moderator but over all he is up and has taken his 250k account to well over a million since 98. We may have gone through some changes since you last visited our site so come try it again I would like a chance to change your mind

#35     Sep 7, 2001
  6. Except most folks would have to see something concrete before
    even consider it. if you want large drawdowns - I made 20+k
    into 957,000 in 87-88 and back to 125k. I have statements
    will I get money to manage ? Serioiusly watching these guys
    must be addictive if you don't have any money to go on your own.
    If you lose your own - you can maybe learn....(maybe not)
    if you lose your own by following some Joe on the web and lose
    is enough to go postal and leave a last bullet for yourself.
    :D :D :D :D :D

#36     Sep 7, 2001
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Craig/watcher,

From your very first post:
    if your looking for a good room try WWW.stockcamlive.com great calls & good people

From your second post:
    I am not trying to hype the site

Well, actually you were if we tell the truth. But appreciate the upfront nature of your second post.

#37     Sep 7, 2001
  8. watcher

watcher

Magna,

I guess you can call it that but as my screen name(watcher) I was just watching a couple of different sites came upon this thread and thought our site might be interesting to some of the user's.

#38     Sep 7, 2001
  9. Turok

Turok

>Turok-- you are right there have been some big losses
    >as well as big gains by are moderator but over all he
    >is up and has taken his 250k account to well over a
    >million since 98.

No offense Watcher, but there were a lot of traders that made a lot of money that during that period that I don't care to emulate. I concluded that the guy at your site is one of those traders.

Fortunately, I quickly recognized suspect money management principles and hope, hope, hope and moved on to another site where they taught me to leave hope at the door and pounded money management into my head from the start.

>We may have gone through some changes since
    >you last visited our site so come try it again I would
    >like a chance to change your mind

Thanks, but no thanks. You'll never get a second chance to make a first impression...especially not with the same guy on the masthead.

Again, I commend your site on honesty -- with the camera and the open book account, there was no funny business. I loved the concept and hated the execution.

Best wishes
    JB

#39     Sep 7, 2001
  10. watcher

watcher

I respect your opionion but dont agree with it.

#40     Sep 7, 2001