Keltner channel alternative?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by daytrademargin, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Since Strategy Runner does not have "keltner bands", what could we use as an alternative? I want to put the Keltner channel bands inside the bollinger bands.

2. Try another charting software like Medved Quotetracker.

G'Luck,

JJ

3. HELL NO!! I'd pay for charting software before I go with crappy Jerry Medveds poorly programmed software. Nothing against Ameritrade, but they were STUPID for buying anything from Jerry Medved. QuoteTracer is the worse. Whoever uses quotetracker will LOSE their money.

Strategyrunner is the BEST. Nothing compares.

4. Besides, this is a strategy runner forum, why did you come on here and try to promote another software vendor? You sound like a real trouble maker. Why don't you just delete your stupid promotional comment and move along.

I asked for an alternative way to use Keltner bands, not for an alternative software. Maybe that is why you have to use sorry software like you mentioned and not Real software like Strategy Runner. Becausey you can't understand what people are asking.

5. Whoa bro, you asked for help with your little keltner channels inside your bollinger bands setup, and I told you a charting software that would allow you to do that.

No need to get your tail in a ruffle little kitty.

You can also try tradestation, since that's the platform your setup was originally designed on.

Good luck kid, you're gonna need it in spades.

JJ

6. I'm old enough to be your grandfather. But thanks for calling me kid. Makes me feel young again. :D

7. Truff

Truff

"Strategyrunner is the BEST. Nothing compares"

YOU COULD NOT BE MORE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. SR IS PRIMARILY RUN ON PATS DATA FEED WHICH IS OUTDATED TECHNOLOGY. THERE ARE MANY BETTER ALTERNATIVES, ESPECIALLY FOR CHARTING.

GOOD LUCK

8. So what is updated technology then? Enlighten us.

9. LOL, it's all good.

But you're still a newbie when it comes to trading, that was the point of the comment.

The previous posters comment on SR was pretty much on target.

It's not bad by any means, but you can find better, and I personally like to separate my charting package from my order entry software, that way you can specialize, getting the best representative product from each category, rather getting something that is mediocre and tries to be all things to all people.

Good trading,

JJ

10. SarahG

SarahG

I think Keltner channels are just moving averages?

#10     Mar 16, 2007