Kelly Criterion & Risk Of Ruin As Risk Management Tool

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by ironchef, Jul 4, 2017.

1. MrScalper

MrScalper

Now it is time to make it bigger so you can start to see more clearly..as we are outa hours it can move very quickly..so..not really for those with limited funds and scared money..the 1 min can suck you in..but it can also save your bacon..it all depends on what you see when you look at the chart..ES is not to be messed with..but with proper risk control is nothing to be scared of either!

upload_2017-9-4_0-51-9.png

#101     Sep 3, 2017
  2. Gotcha

Gotcha

Keep doing your excellent play by play of the action after it happened!

#102     Sep 3, 2017
  3. MrScalper

MrScalper

I can say whatever I like :)

Thing is..if you think you know where it will go..then you really are just fooling yourself..but..if you do not know how much you will risk in order to make so much..then..you really are a fool..this trading stuff is all smoke and mirrors..just pay full attention to what is actually happening..and TRY and workout who is now in control..the buyers..or the sellers..or..are the just pissing about waiting for some "news"!

upload_2017-9-4_0-59-52.png

#103     Sep 3, 2017
  4. MrScalper

MrScalper

Well it does take a few seconds to take a screenshot and post..so..yes..you are 100% correct..the same as your trading..you banana eater :)

#104     Sep 3, 2017
  5. MrScalper

MrScalper

:D

upload_2017-9-4_1-3-27.png

#105     Sep 3, 2017
  6. Gotcha

Gotcha

I do agree with this. But it sounded like the the point you were making was to go long once it left the tiny range, and in my opinion, the breakout is the worst place to go long. This is obviously what is happening now, since it did a fakeout. Likewise, going short below the range is tricky as well, but at least you can say it failed going higher. Anyway.. I'm off.

#106     Sep 3, 2017
  7. ironchef

ironchef

I saw a slow up trend, after the fact, so I really don't know how to use the info.

#107     Sep 3, 2017
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Come to think of it you never gave me any hard and fast rule on what to do either, leaving it to me to figure out on my own. One difference: Yours free, and helpful in certain aspects.:finger:

#108     Sep 3, 2017
  9. MrScalper

MrScalper

It just so happens that I came across CW..spoke with him on many occasions..and met him once..there is more to the story..so stay tuned..as I will give you the big picture..then.. you can make your own mind up!

Needless to say..never part with your money for training or guidance..as..it really is not required..but..you can still learn a lot from others.. providing you approach them in the correct manner..and are able to quickly determine if what they are saying is true..or..bullshit!

Most on this site talk bullshit :)

#109     Sep 4, 2017
  10. MrScalper

MrScalper

It sounded the way you wanted to hear it..I did not say buy or sell the second price breaks the line..but..I did say the little box is all that matters..and that still stands..just wait and see :)

#110     Sep 4, 2017