Keith Olbermann

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Good ole Kieth had an hour long rant last night about heathcare. It was a real tear jerker. I especially like the part when he said that while leaving the hospital, walking through the ER he meets an old friend. Just so happens an old friend of his was there with a, you guessed it, I'm going broke to pay for health care story. Has to sell his farm the very next day.
    According to Olberman he and his friend had traded baseball cards many moons ago. Now you've got the setup.
    Kieth says the guy asked him if he wanted to buy his baseball card collection. He never said whether he did or did not. Got me wondering if Keith's bleeding heart got him to break out the check book for his "friend"? I mean, here's a perfect chance to put his money where his mouth is. Did the, by his own admission, well to do Olberman offer to pick up the tab, for a friend no less? Or did he just see it as an opportunity to rant on during his nightly diatribes? Or, might be the skeptic in me, did this "friend" even exist?

#31     Oct 8, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Olbermann suffers from a mild case of celiac disease, as well as restless legs syndrome..."

Celiac disease symptoms include chronic diarrhea.

In his case, apparently it's diarrhea of the mouth.

#32     Oct 8, 2009
  3. Good description, except it much better fits the foaming at the mouth idiots populating Faux News and conservative talk radio while the teabaggers and astroturfers huddle around their TVs and Radios fretting and muttering incoherently about the next liberal conspiracy.

The PO is coming soon to a health care reform bill near you.

Seneca

#33     Oct 8, 2009
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

So because Keith didn't brag on air about buying his friend's card collection, that makes him a liar about the whole thing? What if Keith had bragged? The point of his story was that ordinary Americans are being bankrupted by a corrupt health insurance industry. And they can't - and won't - all be bailed out by philantropists.

I hear the Republican politicians are beginning to see the light on the public option. I wonder how long it will take the ET reichtards to catch up?

#34     Oct 8, 2009
  5. I find it stunning that anyone would give a flying fuck about what a failed sportscaster would have to say. I used to watch this dickhole on local TV in LA years ago.

#35     Oct 8, 2009
  6. Olbermann does have a talent, O'Reilly cant mention him by name, beck despises him, etc. Olbermann is entertaining to watch but I would never get my world view from Olbermann, Meadow or any talking head on tv or radio.

#36     Oct 8, 2009
  7. Olberman's has been fired from every job he's ever had. So maybe he's now found a niche. But I wouldn't invest too much time in him. He proven that he blows chunks at the first opportunity.

As for the rest..."O'reilly and beck..." they're complete clowns. I can't pay attention to clowns.

#37     Oct 8, 2009
  8. Your guys attack our guys defend ...defend working people against your corporate whores taking every last penny they can squeeze out of them.

#38     Oct 8, 2009
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

He wasn't introduced to his Countdown audience as "a failed sportscaster". On the rare occasions that he has talked about his life as a sportscaster, he has been humble and even self-deprecating. Unlike, say, O'Reilly who has blatantly lied about winning a Peabody Award before he came to Fox News.

Countdown is still going strong in its seventh year so don't count on it. :)

I couldn't agree more. :D

#39     Oct 8, 2009
  10. Don't hold back lol

#40     Oct 9, 2009