Keeping track of my trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Disqplay, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Disqplay

Disqplay

Just a way for me to keep track of my trades, by posting them here in the journal it will insure that I keep up with them on a daily basis. I will be attaching a spread sheet with each new trade that I make to keep it up to date.

2. Shouldn't % profit or loss =((Gx-Bx)/Bx) ?

3. Disqplay

Disqplay

You are absolutely correct so use to looking at total values on everything really didn't think about it. Thank you for pointing out the errors of my ways.

4. Disqplay

Disqplay

Bought two stocks yesturday fsac and artg looked at the market this morning and fsac was up 20% and could not set trailing stop so decided to take profit, see attached file.

5. Disqplay

Disqplay

Yesturday was not a very good day for me in the market, see attached file

6. Disqplay

Disqplay

Taken out by the trailing stop on atml but made pretty good profit on the trade went from 4.00 in 4.91 out can't complain about today. See attached for current holdings.

7. Disqplay

Disqplay

Well here is my current holding

8. Nice trading. And great recordkeeping. I have some macros that generate trading stats. I ran them for yours:

Net Profit $6,964.00
    AvgWin $385.42
    AvgLoss $119.67
    AvgWin/AvgLoss 3.22
    Gross Profit $7,323.00
    Gross Loss $359.00
    Profit Factor 20.40
    Pct Profitable 0.73
    Pct To Risk 0.65

I generally run my stats every day.

9. Disqplay

Disqplay

Thank you trader60611 just trying to make sure that I keep records of trades. Noticed that sva was a winner several times for me, and if you look at all of them you can play them over and over. I think basically that is what it will take to consistantly take money out of the market. Finding the correct set of stocks is not easy therefore the need for record keeping is very important and most basic to finding stocks you can play time after time. So keep the records and review them often and you can find the jewels amoungst the coal.

Robert