Keeping Records

Discussion in 'Journals' started by garage sale, Jun 28, 2010.

1. I lost 32 on Friday. On Tues, Wed, Thurs the market kept going higher without me on board. I should have just stayed on sideline on Friday since the market had already broken overnight low and previous day's low. I made one major mistake and lost 49 right away, then made 17 on the next two trades.

Down 62 for the month so far.

#61     Jul 17, 2010
  2. Finally!!!!!

Last week I was on the sideline as the market went up. For three days, I just sat in front of my computer and looked at different indicators and price levels. I noticed that as prices approached certain levels, it started acting differently. I thought I would give that a shot today. The strategy that I was working works well on down days or once the market breaks yesterday's low. On days when the market is above yesterday's low, I needed something different and lookis like I found it now (may be temporarily..but I'll take it).

+276 today, +212 for the month!!!!!

Very proud of myself for doing the right thing and being a good student. Thanks Mr. Deco and NoDoji for the encouragement.

#62     Jul 19, 2010
  3. Well done! Kindly do not reveal the levels you found. I have a feeling that you are going to even prouder of yourself in future. The temptation is absolutely awful to show people how smart you are and reveal your observational brilliance. Don't do it. There are only a double-handful of things that work on NQ. You found one. Don't give it away. I assure you that it doesn't take many more to make good money. One day when you have found ALL of them you will be astonished how much like a Pachinko machine it is. Also, think on this: if you keep posting the entry and exit prices and times of your good trades, even your bad trades, how hard is it going to be to figure out what you are doing as you mature as a trader? And start thinking about how to blur the nature of your systems to prying eyes at your broker.

#63     Jul 19, 2010
  4. No intention of doing that. It took me few years of watching the market to get to this level and I am NOT even a consistent/successful trader. I have ways to go. Hopefully this is the big step.

#64     Jul 19, 2010
  5. Good man! I made a big mistake when I got to your level of insight by thinking I had to find everything deterministic about NQ to make money. That isn't true. Indeed you will make more money with more insight, but don't hesitate to exploit what you have. If you found what I think you found, the big boys only have to change one constant in their mountainous trade code to fuck it over. I edited my previous post, so please read it all. Thanks.

#65     Jul 19, 2010
  6. Way to go Garage Sale,

I sure hope things are looking up for you, here's something to meditate on.(use any Higher Power you wish), keep me humble in my prosperity,
    and strong in my adversity.

<*)))><

#66     Jul 19, 2010
  7. I wasn't trying to show how smart I was.....I needed some help/encouragement/plan so I thought I would just post my trades and start there. I learned a lot from this site...there is a lot of bs but there are good gems if you can filter the bs. There were two threads...Emini Divergence Journal and SPM that had some really good info. I tried to incorporate those two and added few things to it.

I am going to post my trades on weekends only but I had to do it today because finally I felt that I got it right. I know things can change in a dime so I am taking one day at a time and not be too excited or too depressed.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks again.

#67     Jul 19, 2010
  8. Thanks...always trying to stay humble and strong.

#68     Jul 19, 2010
  9. No trades today. I was out all day with my family in town. Seems like I missed a monster day. There were atleast 5 buy signals today and few of the set-ups were similar to yesterday that would have been good for 20-25 pts. Anyway it was great time at the beach with nephews and neices. This market will be here tomorrow.

#69     Jul 20, 2010
  10. I had a pretty bad day yesterday. The market started selling right at the open but was still above yesterday's low, so I used my strategy 2 to trade. It did not work. Lost 150 on 3 trades.

Today I had a small profit +17 but I made mistakes. I moved my trailing stop too quickly and I was stopped and the market went higher.

I will post the summary tomorrow.

Notes:

On days when the market is higher than yesterday's low, use strategy 2 and trail the stop every 30 mins.

DO NOT trade the first half hour.

#70     Jul 22, 2010