Keeping it Simple

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rs7, Aug 13, 2002.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

I understand what u mean; but i have to disagree. The market also raises resources for idiots. Look how many dot.com monkey CEO's made out like bandits. :D

#201     Aug 22, 2002
  2. SteveD

SteveD

I just could not be silent, LOL.

I do resent getting lectures from someone whose area has given us Napoleon, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and other lesser assorted types. Have engaged in two major wars that have killed in excess of 150 million people and the countries/leaders have practiced "ethnic cleansing" of one sort or another.

He is lucky to be chosen to study at a higher level. The other kids that were not so smart or maybe mentally slow were assigned to the factories or, if not able to make it there, were taken out behind the wall for the final assignment.

I will get down off of my soapbox now.

#202     Aug 22, 2002
  3. rs7

rs7

What does this mean? Are you referring to Vladiator? And if so, what difference does it make where he is from? Who gets to choose where they are born? Or to whom.

If I had my way, I would have chosen rich parents. And they would have been the King and Queen of Fiji, or someplace exotic. Not from the Bronx, and totally devoid of any royalty whatsoever. It was a bad deal for me. I know that. But c'est la vie.

I must be missing something. Besides, I didn't know that Napoleon and Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin were from the same area. France, Austria, Italy and Russia are the same place? Or are you just referring to them being from the same planet? Or Europe? And if so, is Europe the only place that spawned evil leaders? What about Idi Amin? Saddam Hussein? Pol Pot? Ghengis Khan? Richard Nixon? Not a European among them.

Do you know what xenophobia means?

RS7

#203     Aug 22, 2002
  4. egildone

egildone

rs7,

You forgot Lincoln and Bismarck. See this article:

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.asp?control=1026

Ed

#204     Aug 22, 2002
  5. Rigel

Rigel

Richard Nixon?

#205     Aug 22, 2002
  6. Soon you guys will be picking on Santa Claus ...

#206     Aug 22, 2002
  7. rs7

rs7

Well I don't know if they were evil. But Bismark was European, so he didn't belong on the list anyway:)

RS7

#207     Aug 23, 2002
  8. Commisso

Commisso Guest

hahahahaha :D :p

#208     Aug 23, 2002
  9. rs7

rs7

Just a little humor. Nixon was IMO not a very nice man, but certainly not a Hitler, Stalin, etc.
    He just was the face of what was wrong with America at the time (to me). But certainly not "evil"....at least not in the Stalin/Hitler league. I just couldn't think of an American leader. I should have used Noriega or Papa Doc. But they weren't well known enough. And Central America and the Caribbean aren't America anyway. (I should have just gone western hemisphere).

I also was supposed to keep politics out of this. Too late I guess.

Santa Clause? Never had anything against him. But I hear the ASPCA has been on him for his treatment of reindeer. So who knows? And rumor has it that the elves are working in a sweatshop environment....but totally unsubstantiated.

:)RS7

#209     Aug 23, 2002
  10. And the Easter Bunny?

#210     Aug 23, 2002