Keeping It Simple II

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Mar 15, 2003.

1. None of my rules have been working the last few days, and not just the ORB stuff.

It's been a little discouraging, but aside from some adjustments to details, I don't think my rules are invalid. More like this market is invalid.

The NQ the last few days has been acting like a zombie, staggering relentlessly, but not showing healthy vital signs (that is, sound, reasonable entries) because it is just a re-animated corpse. There've been "profitable" moves, but to trade them meant doing things that on most days would be ill-advised, from my point of view.

So I wait for the sun to come out and give us the special-effects treat of the zombie body dissolving before our eyes.

This does not mean I am a perma-bear expecting failure to the upside and a big short opp. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it rally from here.

I just think that if this move to the upside were "real", it would've been harder to get in, instead of this constant teasing that's been going on. Crappy setups "working", and legit ones failing.

I am not going to start buying 50% retracements or widening my stops just to try to partake of some zombie meat. Yuck.

Anyone else get the feeling that my posts are like pep-talks to myself? lol

Anyway, I think I might've seen a ray of sunlight. The zombie is on it's knees.

#171     Apr 23, 2003
  2. But then again, you know how the monster/psycho killer always comes back one more time after you're supposed to think it's dead...

#172     Apr 23, 2003
  3. Have you backtested the trendline idea or you just know it work by expereince?

#173     Mar 22, 2016