keep traying to pick tops and bottoms

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by rasl, Feb 15, 2007.

1. <b>reprint: </b><i>rasl, whether you traded today, next week or next month is totally irrelevant. Absolutely nothing is going to change as you continue down the same path as always.

What you desperately need is professional counseling, right now. There is no hope for you to succeed in trading or much more importantly, enjoy a wholesome fulfilling life in the rut you are trudging thru.

Please strongly consider turning things around for yourself 180 degrees... and that has nothing to do with trading, period.</i>

To go from $3mil to $4.5k is a long & torturous journey. Exhausting on all mental and emotional levels, I would imagine.

To go from $4.5k to $3mil trading would take years of methodical, disciplined, arduous trading. All cylinders must be firing... 100% mentally and emotionally sound. The method - system must be bulletproof. The execution of it must be precise... no margin for big losses, errors, self-sabotage, etc.

<b>rasl</b>, I mean what I share in the absolute nicest possible way. Many people here might find it shocking, but I don't. I've seen similar stories (and worse) before too many times. Some resulted in suicide.

I'm very sincere when imploring you to seek professional help. What you are doing with one-lot ES trades right now is akin to replacing a culvert pipe at the end of a driveway that washed out in the heart of hurricane Katrina. Your house is gone. The whole neighborhood is gone. You look around and see nothing but devastation around you. The only thing you can think of to do is dabble with driveway repairs as the first step of restoring your home, neighborhood and entire city block.

<b>rasl</b>, I'm assuming what you share here with us is true. If so, you have our complete and utter sympathy. We understand... it happens, and it could have happened to any of us.

Keep trading your 1-lot if you wish, but PLEASE seek professional counseling immediately!!!

Very Best Wishes Always
    Austin

#61     Feb 17, 2007
  2. rasl

rasl

NihabaAshi:
    no i have never asked for help before,or posted in other form,it was very hard for me to explain today how i manage to lost that much ,last nite i coudent sleep thinking if i should post it,took me 3 hours to write

#62     Feb 17, 2007
  3. Mequity

Mequity

rasl,

this is one of the most helpful threads i ve ever read on ET.

I've gone through your problem, but i've acted much more quicklier. I dont want give you lessons now, because i can understand this in not what u really need.

You have posted that you have only few thousand bucks on your account. ( having few thousends sounds nice for a person who has never gone thru wealthy period, but for an investor its nothing:(

What i want you to say is maybe not methodical as lescor threads but you should see an " Searching for happiness" movie with Will Smiths. You cant give up no matter what happens.

<b>Stop trading immediately!!!!</b>

Take a 2 shift job and build up your wealth again. its never easy but its not impossible!!!

dont treat trading as an easy buck, its one of the worst opinions that can totally damage your financial life in few months...

I really wish you all the best and wish you to find motivation to fight.

Mequity

#63     Feb 17, 2007
  4. rasl, I also wish you the best.

#64     Feb 17, 2007
  5. rasl

rasl

Austonp: thanks
    you said i need professional counseling ,yes i do need it but from where
    there are so many snake oil sellers out there,
    i dont want to make back my losses it cant be done,
    i just want to trade like a good trader , if 6 months from now my trading account is $4505. thats ok that mean that i have stop losing then 2 years from now if my accout go to $9000.i may stop trading because i be up 100% and trading is the hardest thing one can do ,i want to be at least +1, last week i thought i was+1 but you say -8,
    reading my own post and others have helped me and may help some one else who is doing what i did

#65     Feb 18, 2007
  6. I don't think he was talking about enlisting the service of a trader vendor.

I think he was talking about professional help along the lines of a more personal issue concerning you (psychologist, gambler anonymous et cetera).

However, its not surprising you thought he meant something else.

Therefore, I strongly agree that you need professional help.

Further, I don't think you having a trading account, access to online trading forums is good for you as a person.

It's kind'uv like being an alcholic that's been sober for awhile but still hanging out in bars...increasing the odds for the vicious cycle to show its face once again.

Mark

#66     Feb 18, 2007
  7. #67     Mar 13, 2007
  8. slowBear

slowBear

rasl:

Seek professional help... Go to your phone book. Look up Gamblers Anonymous. If there is no number for GA, look up Alcoholics Anonymous. Call them!! They will tell you where GA meetings are held. Go to at least 10 meetings. Sit at the "first step" table. Go to meetings held in different locations - this will help you find one you are most comfortable with. The meetings are completely anonymous -- you only tell people your first name. The meetings are completely confidential -- what you say there stays there. Stop trading, start going to meetings and everything will work out.

#68     Mar 13, 2007