"keep it simple" - yeah, RIGHT

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 24, 2002.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

1)What do u think you are doing wrong??? Maybe we can start there..

That way some of the better traders can step up to the plate and help with an individual problem; instead of asking can someone to show the way....

#41     Sep 24, 2002
  2. Yup, Gordon, I'm glad you noticed it as well. I've demonstrated recently that Commisso and unfortunately many others on this board have a policy of spewing pretty sounding phrases and generalities. Any venture into the practicalities is strictly tabu.

#42     Sep 24, 2002
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

TraderKay.......perhaps you would like to share your trading specifics with us??? instead of bashing commisso....

I am all ears....

#43     Sep 24, 2002
  4. No, it's because you don't have trader psychology of what we are talking about?

then...

What trader psychology?

then...

You have to know what you want. You have to find your own style. "Know thy enemy and know thy self and a hundred battles undefeated"

then...

No, these guys need to study. They need to get the edge first, then work with it.

then...

Study doesn't work. How? books? No. Gain experience.

then...

then...

then...

In between these threads you get, "It's about inner peace", "yeah, bro... it's the Ze-----------n", "Trading is like the ultimate smooth high... Coooo-------lll, dude"

Funny stuff. And I'm part of it too, which is more funny.

#44     Sep 24, 2002
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

obiviously if u ask 1000's of people what they attribute their trading success to, you may get 1000's of different ways or answers. Hence the merry-go-round....what does this tell you???

#45     Sep 24, 2002
  6. El Cubano, are you asking me?

Well, I can answer it but I don't want to give it away for others.... LOL... j/k

I'll say this. I think Jesus said something like, "I can feed a man and I'll save him for one day, I teach a man how to fish and I have saved his life." put that quote with, "I can lead your path, but I cannot walk it" from some other guy. This is just off my head so I'm sure I haven't quoted it right.

I hope you get the point.

#46     Sep 24, 2002
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

The point is, everyone has a different approach and posts what they feel is most important to their method.....so thats why we go round in circles......period the end......

#47     Sep 24, 2002
  8. Gordon,

A word from another struggling newbie. Commisso had a real good point about signing on with a chat room.

They will have some proven trading ideas, saving you from chasing all about looking for what/when to trade. They have scanners, filters, news feeds etc, that you won't have. And if you did, you still would be lost anyway.

Let the experienced pros point out the trades, all you have to do is manage your part, get in, get out, wait for the next one. Win some, lose some, and a few get rained out. But you don't have to break your head trying to figure a system. And, in general, you will wind up with more winners than losers. And you can see a lot just by observing.

You do however still have to manage YOURSELF. I have been in 3 pretty decent chatrooms over the last 2 1/2 years. I can say with some assurance that if I had blindly followed the called out trades, I would be much money ahead.

I am still conquering the biggest demon in the market... MYSELF.

As always, be selective. I can wholeheartedly endorse Realitytrader.com and Simplertrading.com. There are others, some have been slammed pretty good around here, possibly with good reason. I am sure there is at least one good one I don't know about.

If you can't get a one to one mentor who really knows their stuff, then a "good" chatroom is the next best thing.

Quit fighting the battle alone. It is very difficult to learn this business, especially doing it without proper guidance.

Good luck,

#48     Sep 24, 2002
  9. Quah

Quah

GG - What are you trading (or going to trade)? Stocks? Futures?

#49     Sep 24, 2002
  10. Gordon,

If you trade ES futures like you plan on doing, I suggest you also keep a good economic calander handy so you know exactly when the Fed's are going to announce to Econ data -- because if you are in a position (either long or short) and are unaware of econ data about to be released, you could get creamed.

#50     Sep 24, 2002