Kazaa screwed

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Why would anyone buy a CD from a record company?

Oh, I don't know, a lot of reasons, I guess... some aren't into downloading, some don't know how to downlaod, some aren't aware that they can find the content they want online, and many kids think the packaging with the photos of the band and the lyrics are cool.

Also for the fidelity issues as outlined above by ddunbar.

Just to name a few...

(By the way, completely off topic ddunbar, but why can't you listen to music when you cycle? I guess because you need to be able to hear car horns and such?)

#31     Aug 1, 2006
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Yes that too. Also because you have to hear every little creak and tick. All warning signs that a part is going to fail soon or is out of spec. It's not like the good old days of a steel bike with high tolerance parts that only needed a coat of oil. Today; carbon fiber and composite frames, index shifters, 10 spd cassette cogs, aero wheels...

I do 100 - 130 miles a week. Every week something needs tweaking or cleaning to get it back into spec. It's love/hate. Kind of like trading.

#32     Aug 1, 2006
  3. I don't think that $100 Million will put a dent in the kazaa guys bank account. They also created Skype and then recently sold skype to ebay for $2 billion dollars. So they can pay their $100 million dollar fine and still be billionaires. Or they can pay an attorney $1 million and postone their payment for the next 20 years. Either way, those kazaa guys could care less.

#33     Aug 2, 2006